Malware Warning

pka

Elite Member
I have begun to get a malware warning when ever I preview a post.
When I come to this site the messages begin.
I stop clean with a flash scan. It then stops until my next visit.

get a malware warning when ever I preview a post

Hi pka:

For clarification, when you refer to previewing posts, you are talking about reading threads in general (i.e., clicking a thread's link on the front page, or at 'New Posts', et cetera).

Is that correct?

Please let me know, if you're referring instead to using the [Preview Post] button for proofreading (before submitting your own posts).

Also, have you tried such as clearing Internet cache (i.e., temp files, cookies, browser-saved info) or reset option in the anti-malware program (not sure which software you use, or browser).

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
For clarification, when you refer to previewing posts, you are talking about reading threads in general
Please let me know, if you're referring instead to using the [Preview Post] button, before submitting your own posts.

That is it. After each cleaning, the computer is rebooted. I have narrowed it to this site and maybe one more.
It is always blocking an outgoing message to an infected site.

The last time this happened here to pka, it was happening to me to. I am not getting malware blocking messages this time.

That
is it. After each cleaning, the computer is rebooted. I have narrowed it to this site and maybe one more.

It is always blocking an outgoing message to an infected site.

Thank you. I forwarded this info to Ted.

I have begun to get a malware warning when ever I preview a post.
When I come to this site the messages begin.
I stop clean with a flash scan. It then stops until my next visit.

What browser are you using? What program is giving you the malware warning? Do you know if it's coming from a particular anti-virus/anti-malware program you're running, or perhaps from the browser itself? I'd like to try replicating the problem. Thanks!

What browser are you using? What program is giving you the malware warning? Do you know if it's coming from a particular anti-virus/anti-malware program you're running, or perhaps from the browser itself? I'd like to try replicating the problem. Thanks!

I use Chrome with http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Pro.

I'm not able to get any malware warning messages with Chrome, Malware Bytes Pro (trial), and Windows 7.