Math 8 System of Equations Help - Please Help!

AbhiKap

Hello, AbhiKap here

I really need help on this problem:

Without solving, determine the number of solutions for the system of linear equations: 3y=33x-7 and y=11x+3.

There are 3 choices offered, one solution, no solution, or infinitely many solutions. I know how to do this with graphing, but not without solving.

Thanks, Help is appreciated

Please explain to me the part(s) in your request for help where you posted the following:

explain why you're stuck, if you've already started but cannot finish

OR If you cannot begin, then please tell us why

I'm not seeing it. ;)

PS (also from our posting guidelines): We need some clues about what you find confusing, so that we can determine where to begin helping you.

Hello, AbhiKap here

I really need help on this problem:

Without solving, determine the number of solutions for the system of linear equations: 3y=33x-7 and y=11x+3.

There are 3 choices offered, one solution, no solution, or infinitely many solutions. I know how to do this with graphing, but not without solving.

Hint:

Since these are linear equations,

What type of graphs would those make?

**Well, I see that the slope would be the same which means it [they] would be parallel? Correct?

That is incorrect. Now, those two lines may actually be parallel.
However, I am addressing ** above.

Lines wiith equal slopes are either 1) parallel (no solutions for their intersection),

or 2) the same line (an infinite number of solutions for their intersection).

Also, lines with undefined slopes are either parallel or are the same line.

The equality of the slopes (or both slopes being undefined) of the lines is necessary,
but not sufficient, to state that they are parallel to each other.