Math Professor Wins 700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "News" forum's description reads "Any new information or announcements regarding the forums will be posted here." So, please use this as a guide for what should be posted there. :)

The "News" forum's description reads "Any new information or announcements regarding the forums will be posted here." So, please use this as a guide for what should be posted there. :)

In that case, what should be posted in the News forum?

In that case, what should be posted in the News forum?
Look at what you did in post #5.

You asked a question, and you also included MarkFL's previously-posted answer to the same question!

How can we help you to pay closer attention, here? Is it possible?

\(\;\)

Look at what you did in post #5.

You asked a question, and you also included MarkFL's previously-posted answer to the same question!

How can we help you to pay closer attention, here? Is it possible?

\(\;\)

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN.

Why are you bringing up the past to make yourself look good?

You reply here:

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN.

didn't make sense. I also don't understand the comment about bringing up the past in an effort to look good. Mark (mmm4444bot) is one of the most dedicated forum moderators I've ever encountered, and while no one is above reproach, I don't think he deserved that comment.

You posted a bunch of threads in the "News" forum that I felt didn't belong there, so I moved them, and let you know why. It's no big deal, and is one of the things a mod/admin does is to make sure threads are in the best place. I only wanted to let you know so it could be avoided in the future, so that our staff doesn't have to move as many threads. That's all it was about, and not to publicly shame you. In order to succeed on internet forums, you've got to be able to handle criticism...and take it constructively, except of course when it is blatantly derisive/abusive, etc.

I know making mistakes, especially in our math, can be embarrassing, even frustrating, but it's going to happen. We just have to learn from our mistakes, be thankful there are people who catch our mistakes, and move on from there. People generally become annoyed if we try to make excuses for our mistakes, as it's not a behavior that is very becoming.

... [mathdad] posted a bunch of threads in the "News" forum that I felt didn't belong there, so I moved them, and let [him] know why ...
I had been sending mathdad notices for some time, providing the reason why each time I edited, moved or deleted a post. I don't bother setting up such notices for mathdad, anymore. It's a waste of my time because mathdad is unwilling or unable to follow written information.

:confused:

I had been sending mathdad notices for some time, providing the reason why each time I edited, moved or deleted a post. I don't bother setting up such notices for mathdad, anymore. It's a waste of my time because mathdad is unwilling or unable to follow written information.

:confused:

Yes, I have been utilizing the intrinsic notices feature of the moderating functions as well any time I move or delete a post/thread, and thought explicitly posting about it would be better in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.