Math T-shirts

soroban

Elite Member

. . . . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{c}\text{5 out of 4 people have}\\ \text{trouble with fractions.} \end{array}\)

. . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{c}\text{Recursion [ri-kur'zhun] n.} \\ \text{See }recursion.\end{array}\)

. . . . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{c}\text{Klein bottle for rent.} \\ \text{Inquire within.}\end{array}\)

. . . . . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{c}\text{Mathematics} \\ \\[-4mm] \text{Putting the "fun"} \\ \text{in "function"} \\ \text{since }t = 0.\end{array}\)

. . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{c}\text{Einstein/Pythagorus Theorem}\\ E \:=\:m(a^2+b^2) \end{array}\)

. . . . . . . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{c}\text{Zenophobia} \\ \\[-4mm] \text{Irrational fear of} \\ \text{convergent series.} \end{array}\)

. . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{c}\text{Let }\epsilon \to 0 \\ \text{There goes the neighborhood!} \end{array}\)

. . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{c}\text{The problems on the exam will be similar} \\ \text{to those discussed in class.} \\ \text{Of course, the numbers will be different.} \\ \text{(Note: }\pi\text{ will still be 3.14159...)}\end{array}\)

Those started the day off right. I could not decide between the Klein bottle and the 'as epsilon approaches zero" as the winner although Zeno and recursion were strong contenders as well.

By the way, are you ever going to respond to your previous puzzle?

JeffM said:
By the way, are you ever going to respond to your previous puzzle?
If you mean the one I called "Crypt for Soroban", it's really for anyone...
(I know Soroban likes these)

Don't argue with a 90degree angle;
it's always right!

I own a math T-shirt that has a black background, with
"I hate math" in white letters on the chest area on the front.

I gave a T-shirt to a Physics professor, a buddy of mine.

On the front: .Here I come!

On the back: . There I go!

Denis said:
soroban said:

I gave a T-shirt to a Physics professor, a buddy of mine.
...you got a buddy? <<< That's an old & used zinger - lost its zing. I expected more creativity from you....

Subhotosh Khan said:
...you got a buddy? <<< That's an old & used zinger - lost its zing. I expected more creativity from you....
Hmmm...Okkkkkk... :
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings"

Can you count to 1 ? :)

Denis said:
Can you count to 1 ? :)

Nope ..... I wasn't taught that number.............. wait .........it may have been called something different ...........

Was watching some stupid show on MTV back in the day where "geeks" meet really hot girls to see if there is a connection between anyone. (Don't ask me why I was watching this). Anyway, this one total stereotypical nerd (skinny, horned-rim glasses, greasy hair) came out to meet the girls for the first time and he was wearing a T-shirt that said "I put the STUD in STUDY". Loved it!