Matrices: solving a code given in three matrices

flippin4u

Ok, to start off, I am new at this online help. So, please understand if I do something wrong. I got on here because I am an online college student and this week I am getting ready for my final and they gave us tons of problems to get prepared for it. Well, I have this long problem and I don't have a clue how to do it. I would love any help that people could give. I have other questions as well but I will post them all on seperate post. So, here is this problem and if you can help, great and if not, I understand. Thanks in advance!!!

You are a secret agent who has been given these three matrices:

A
[-1 4 -2 0]
[3 3 1 -4]
[0 5 2 -1]

B
[1 2 5]
[-3 4 0]
[2 3 -4]
[-1 2 2]

C
[-2]
[4]
[3]

You are told to go to your drop site over the next four days for further instructions.

a. DAY 1: You are told to multiply the three matrices together in order (A x B x C) to get a fourth matrix D. What is the fourth matrix?
b. DAY 2: You are told to multiply your fourth matrix by the scalar 6 to get a fifth matrix E. What is the fifth matrix?
c. DAY 3: You are told to add the fifth matrix to a matrix whose elements are all "2"s to get a sixth matrix F. What is the sixth matrix?
d. DAY 4: You are told the password for your next assignment is the element f3,1. What is your password?

flippin4u said:
I don't have a clue how to do it.
Ouch! This is a lot for you to have to self-study! (Since you "don't have a clue", obviously your class and textbook haven't covered anything regarding matrices.)

How long do you have to work on this? We can find you lesson links, but it is going to be a good couple of weeks for you to get up to speed!

Thank you! :D

Eliz.