Member harpazo has been issued Strike 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already told you!

And, the real question for you is, "What's too many posts?" That question has been answered, also. (I can't remember how many times.)

:confused:

Tell me again.

Time will tell. A number of sites have tried a number of things, to get your attention, but nothing seems to work.
\(\;\)

So, what's next? Building a cross to crucify me on? Here lies: THE IDIOT HARPAZO, THE MATH GUY WANT TO BE as the message on top of the cross. You would love that, right?

We know what we see. It is real.
\(\;\)

You know nothing, and I do mean, nothing about me [the person], as a studious man, as a man who completed 3 not 1 but 3 degree programs WITHOUT tutoring.

So, what's next? Building a cross to crucify me on? Here lies: THE IDIOT HARPAZO, THE MATH GUY WANT TO BE as the message on top of the cross. You would love that, right?
That looks like what a seven-year-old might say, when refusing constructive criticism or denying reality.

You know nothing, and I do mean, nothing about me [the person], as a studious man, as a man who completed 3 not 1 but 3 degree programs WITHOUT tutoring.

If you follow the advice I gave you yesterday about posting, I think you'll find people will have much less of an issue with you. In particular my advice about posting just one problem of a particular type with which you are having difficulty, and then try your best to apply the help given with the first to the remaining problems of that type in that set. If you find you are still having difficulty, then post just that problem, and show how you tried to apply the help you were given.

When you post 6 problems in rapid succession that differ only in the parameters, people trying to help can become frustrated because the help is essentially the same, because the underlying math is the same.

Be more open to suggestions, and try not to see these suggestions as attacks. Try to avoid posting about your study plans, because most are simply interested in helping with problems, not reading about plans that often change from day to day. Such posts, as well as what I call bumping posts that add nothing to a discussion, should be avoided because they waste valuable time. When I look at the "New Posts" query, and I find a bunch of unread posts that say nothing more than "Cool" or "Another one for my notes" I get frustrated by that. Use the reactions to let people know you appreciate their help when you have nothing further to add to the discussion, so our helpers aren't looking at unread threads needlessly.

You know nothing, and I do mean, nothing about me …
A person's behavior informs others as to what kind of person they are. We've seen your behavior at math sites, and some of it is problematic.
\(\;\)

You are missing the point completely. If you were a Math Professor at Harvard with 40 years of experience we would still make these comments. It is not that you don't understand the Math, it is your behavior we see when we try to help you. You tend not to listen to the advice given, you don't seem to care about working on the problem but trying to get us to solve it for you, etc. etc. Math is not the hurdle here... it's your attitude.

Something for you to ponder: Why did we have this discussion on the open Forum where you could read all of this? Are we being cruel? Or could there be another purpose?

-Dan

If you follow the advice I gave you yesterday about posting, I think you'll find people will have much less of an issue with you. In particular my advice about posting just one problem of a particular type with which you are having difficulty, and then try your best to apply the help given with the first to the remaining problems of that type in that set. If you find you are still having difficulty, then post just that problem, and show how you tried to apply the help you were given.

When you post 6 problems in rapid succession that differ only in the parameters, people trying to help can become frustrated because the help is essentially the same, because the underlying math is the same.

Be more open to suggestions, and try not to see these suggestions as attacks. Try to avoid posting about your study plans, because most are simply interested in helping with problems, not reading about plans that often change from day to day. Such posts, as well as what I call bumping posts that add nothing to a discussion, should be avoided because they waste valuable time. When I look at the "New Posts" query, and I find a bunch of unread posts that say nothing more than "Cool" or "Another one for my notes" I get frustrated by that. Use the reactions to let people know you appreciate their help when you have nothing further to add to the discussion, so our helpers aren't looking at unread threads needlessly.

Ok. Sticking to ONE TOPIC PER APPLICATION FROM NOW ON.

You are missing the point completely. If you were a Math Professor at Harvard with 40 years of experience we would still make these comments. It is not that you don't understand the Math, it is your behavior we see when we try to help you. You tend not to listen to the advice given, you don't seem to care about working on the problem but trying to get us to solve it for you, etc. etc. Math is not the hurdle here... it's your attitude.

Something for you to ponder: Why did we have this discussion on the open Forum where you could read all of this? Are we being cruel? Or could there be another purpose?

-Dan

I get it, loud and clear.

… When I look at the "New Posts" query, and I find a bunch of unread posts that say nothing more than "Cool" or "Another one for my notes" I get frustrated by that. Use the reactions to let people know you appreciate their help when you have nothing further to add to the discussion, so our helpers aren't looking at unread threads needlessly.
Yes, that's good forum ettiquette. I've also tried telling harpazo that he doesn't need to reply to each and every post in his threads. I get frustrated when I see him respond to different comments or questions from various helpers in a thread by posting the same instruction to each of them: "See my reply to Dr. Peterson" (for example). The reply that he references doesn't usually address the comments or questions, anyway. Instead, those consecutive strings of identical posts make it seem like he's no longer interested in his thread or that he doesn't want to do the work that's called for.
\(\;\)

I last replied to this post back in August of this year, if memory serves me right. We are less than two weeks away from Thanksgiving but the urge to ban me remains alive and well just like the urge to impeach Trump, FOR NOTHING WHATSOEVER, from public office. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.