Membership

Denis

I see that we have close to 37,000 "members" (including Jomo, unfortunately)!
That's from Jun 2002; when site opened.
Are any "statistics" available on these?
Like:
how many joined and never posted anything?
how many made 1 post only?
Stuff like that....

I suspect making information like that available to users would require some custom coding. :)

I see that we have close to 37,000 "members" … That's from Jun 2002; when site opened …
Where in the forum are you seeing the 2002 date?

From what I can tell, XenForo hasn't included any member-listing functionality for moderators or the public. I'm thinking that Ted (or another administrator) would need to query the forum's database, to extract statistics. ?

About FreeMathHelp.com
Hello and welcome to FreeMathHelp.com! The site was launched a long time ago, back in June of 2002. Since then, the site has expanded greatly. Typically we see over a million visitors each month during the school year! We have tens of thousands of registered users of our message board who have posted almost 200,000 posts!

You wrote that the 37,000 figure is from June 2002. Did you misspeak?

I believe Denis was saying that the total is from June 2002 meaning "since June 2002." In any case, no. While the number is no doubt inflated from reality, I periodically flushed out non-posting members back on the VB system. It was never a consistent policy, but users with 0 posts who hadn't been active in at least 2 years were typically removed since the vast, vast majority of those were fake accounts created to spam the board.

If I'm remembering correctly, then, there shouldn't be any stupidly-old accounts from people who never came back.

… users with 0 posts who hadn't been active in at least 2 years were typically removed since the vast, vast majority of those were fake accounts created to spam the board.
Agree. I think we also get a lot of new users who join simply to view an image (in a thread they found through searching keywords related to their homework). Once they realize the thread doesn't hand them the answer, they leave immediately and never come back.
?

Yeah, we get that a lot at MHB too. And users that post a question without showing any effort, and we ask them to post what they've done so far, and we never hear from them again.