Middle School Geometry: What does my online homeschool want as an answer?

miketh2005

Hi. I'm homeschooled and go through the internet and it automatically checks the answer. The bad thing with this is that it needs the exact answer it wants. So I know the answer, but I don't know the EXACT answer. It came back that I missed half the test because of this. I get only one more retry. So maybe you can help?

An example question:

* * * * * * * * * 12 cm
*;);););););)*
*;);););););)*
*;);););););)*
*;);););););)*
;);););)12 cm
I put:

"48"

ZRRRRR!

So what should I put instead?

I tried "48CM" and "48 CM" also.

I don't want to call up the school because I am overdue with payment, lol.

Last edited:
Please write the exact wording of the question. Specify what exactly do you have to find out.

Hi. I'm homeschooled and go through the internet and it automatically checks the answer. The bad thing with this is that it needs the exact answer it wants. So I know the answer, but I don't know the EXACT answer. It came back that I missed half the test because of this. I get only one more retry. So maybe you can help?

An example question:

I put:

"48"

ZRRRRR!

So what should I put instead?

I tried "48CM" and "48 CM" also.

I don't want to call up the school because I am overdue with payment, lol.

Your question would be interpreted by me - we have rectangle of 6 smiley faces long and 4 smiley faces wide. So the perimeter of the rectangle is 20 smiley faces. It is also given that the 4 smiley faces = 12 cm. So 20 smiley faces = 60 cm.

Your question would be interpreted by me - we have rectangle of 6 smiley faces long and 4 smiley faces wide. So the perimeter of the rectangle is 20 smiley faces. It is also given that the 4 smiley faces = 12 cm. So 20 smiley faces = 60 cm.
Sorry, it put that it in itself. It's really 12 cm vertical and 12 cm horizontal.

It is clear that the smiley is not a circle, but an ellipse, of axes' length 3 and 2(From 6*width =12) and (4*height =12). Perimeter is the sum of the lengths of the parts of circumference (of smileys) that are facing outwards. Analysing carefully, this comes out to be- 9*(circumference of each smiley)
(take it out by formula for circumference of ellipse).

It is clear that the smiley is not a circle, but an ellipse, of axes' length 3 and 2(From 6*width =12) and (4*height =12). Perimeter is the sum of the lengths of the parts of circumference (of smileys) that are facing outwards. Analysing carefully, this comes out to be- 9*(circumference of each smiley)
(take it out by formula for circumference of ellipse).

The smileys werent in the original. It was just spaces. But this forum software wouldnt let me put spaces so I replaced the spaces with smileys so that it would format properly.

It's not 48?

Try "48 cm" without caps?

It automatically goes caps when you type.

I think you have got the question wrong. From figure , we can see that the length and breadth are different.
ow then can they be both 12?

What is your "online homeschool" ?

Pearblossom Private School

I think you have got the question wrong. From figure , we can see that the length and breadth are different.
ow then can they be both 12?

They are the same in the original question, I just couldnt copy it exactly. I doubt I missed ALL of the 2nd half of the test which is all 25 questions because I have the wrong answer?

I think that it's best for you to deal directly with your school, for resolving this issue.

Please contact your school by e-mail at pearblossominc@aol.com

Provide them with your math course name, chapter number, and exercise number, as well as a brief explanation of your situation.

You may cut-and-paste the reply below (which I received from your school) into your message, for reference.

Cheers ~ Mark
:cool:

Dear Mark,

We offer some 15 different math courses. Could you please identify the precise course name, chapter and problem and I will check into why that answer is coming up
as incorrect. I can also override the student's grade and give credit for this correct answer if this indeed is the case.

We do like to get each test absolutely perfect, and for many problems have alternate correct answers in the case students use different strategies to solve a problem.

Sincerely,
Gary S. Goldman, Director
Pearblossom Private School, Inc.

Pay your bill

My suggestion would be to pay your bill. Maybe the system marks any response as incorrect if it comes from a past due account.