Mixed variables find 100%

AnnaNeedsHelp

1FTE is150 units of X per year. 1FTE is 400 units of Y per year. How do I calculate a mix of X and Y (150 and 400) to know what combination will = 1 FTE over 12 months?

It may be necessary to be a little less cryptic to make sure we understand what this means. I take FTE to mean Full-Time Equivalent, which is used for part-time employees or students, but that may be misdirecting me.

But it appears that 1 unit of X is 1/150 FTE, and 1 unit of Y is 1/400 FTE. Assuming that 12 months is the same as 1 year (which it might not be for students), you apparently want amounts x of X and y of Y so that the total will be 1 FTE:

x/150 + y/400 = 1​

But this has many solutions, even assuming you need integral quantities; multiplying by the LCD, 1200, we get 8x + 3y = 1200. Non-negative integer solutions include x=0, y=400; x=3, y=392; x=6, y=384; ...; x=150, y=0.

Now you can tell us how far I am from understanding what you want.

This is for full time equivalent contact work. There are 8 types of cases and a person can be 1 FTE, or .9 FTE etc.
Case type 1- 150 per year
Case type 2-400 per year
Case type 3-200 per year
Case type 4-200 per year
Case type 5-60 per year
Case type 6-400 per year
Case type 7-4 per year

I’m trying to set up a monthly caseload calculator (excel) so a person can enter the number of case types they worked on each month, and based on 1 FTE ( or .9 FTE, .8 FTE, etc) determine if the reported caseload (mixed case types or just one case type) is what % of their FTE.

It seems like basic math but I’m missing something.

If I’m 1 FTE and for January I report
12 (case type 1) 12/150=0.08 FTE
20 (case type 2) 20/400=0.05 FTE
Total FTE for January is .13 FTE

I’m missing how to apply the FTE ( 1 or .8) and how to know what % of my caseload meets the FTE amount.

I hope this better explains my problem. And I may not have the vocabulary right so thank you in advance for your patience. ?

I think I have deciphered this, but my wife needs me to run some urgent errands. I’ll give an excel oriented answer in about 90 minutes.

I have put together a spreadsheet that does I hope what you need.

Send me your e-mail address by private message, and I shall send you the spreadsheet and we can discuss whether it does the trick

I have put together a spreadsheet that does I hope what you need.

Send me your e-mail address by private message, and I shall send you the spreadsheet and we can discuss whether it does the trick

Hello, JeffM --- I think I private messaged you....if you did not receive my message, please let me know. Thank you so much.

Hello, JeffM --- I think I private messaged you....if you did not receive my message, please let me know. Thank you so much.
You did. I have been babysitting my grandson. I am exhausted. Will reply further in the morning.