My Posting Plans

mathdad

I have decided to post no more than 3 math questions on my days off from work. In so doing, I do not have to rush through my solution steps making silly mistakes and as a result ending up with the wrong answer. If a question has more than one part, it will be the only problem posted on that particular day. The goal is NOT TO RUSH THROUGH Michael Sullivan's College Algebra 9th Edition textbook. The goal is to learn each section well, to become very informed about what it is the chapter/section is teaching. More math next week.

Subhotosh Khan

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have decided to post no more than 3 math questions on my days off from work. In so doing, I do not have to rush through my solution steps making silly mistakes and as a result ending up with the wrong answer. If a question has more than one part, it will be the only problem posted on that particular day. The goal is NOT TO RUSH THROUGH Michael Sullivan's College Algebra 9th Edition textbook. The goal is to learn each section well, to become very informed about what it is the chapter/section is teaching. More math next week.
And.... don't forget that ....:)

Otis

Slow and steady is best (with short breaks every 20 minutes).

I hope we still get to see some challenge exercises, on the side.

😎

mathdad

More translation problems in a few days.

mathdad

Slow and steady is best (with short breaks every 20 minutes).

I hope we still get to see some challenge exercises, on the side.

😎
Most textbooks have a challenging questions section or a thinking questions section but often without sample problems. A few hints here and there but that's about it. The author(s) expect(s) the students to use what is taught in the chapter as a guide to answer questions that require more thinking, more planning than usual. I will post some of the more interesting questions in time as extra practice for members.

Jomo

Elite Member
I will post some of the more interesting questions in time as extra practice for members.
No! Post them for yourself and only after you worked on them.

Denis

I have decided to post no more than 3 math questions on my days off from work.
We hereby thank you. Please keep your promise.

mathdad

Math questions only on my days off....

mathdad

I have selected my next set of math questions to post on my days off. Most of the questions are word problems where creating an equation, a model to proceed is required. As you know, this is my biggest weakness in terms of mathematics.

mathdad

I will post problems from the CHALLENGING/THINKING questions section per textbook when time allows.

1. The questions will be posted ONLY after trying several times to answer each one myself. Of course, my effort per question will be disclosed.

2. There may be students on this website seeking extra math practice. Why go to another site when they can find all the practice problems needed to further their math education here?

Your thoughts?

mathdad

I think it is best for me to post one question for discussion when time allows rather than wait for my days off. There is no time to waste.

mathdad

If I do not get banned from FMH, questions will get interestingly more challenging and fun. I will not stay in the early chapters forever. In fact, I am about to start chapter 5 next week. I have also decided to review the essentials of precalculus after college algebra.

mathdad

From now on, I post questions on Tuesday only. How many questions? I have not decided on the number of questions. I cannot do a million things at the same time. The time now is 7:18pm. After midnight tonight, I will stay away from the site. The next chapter deals with polynomial functions.

mathdad

I am having fun with Sullivan's textbook. Interesting topics and excellent questions.

mathdad

From now on, I will only use this site to help me with word problems, any and all word problems. Jesus! I cannot post a simple question about turning points or end behavior of polynomial functions without everyone criticizing the words of Sullivan and/or my effort at trying to solve problems learned LONG AGO. Come with me on a LONG JOURNEY into the world of word problems: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, college algebra, precalculus, and calculus. We begin with algebra word problems. Yes, I will show my effort. Good day.

mathdad

I will use youtube.com video clips to help me with the rest of my study of college algebra. I will use this site mainly for help with word problems.

mathdad

Check out my new number problems. I will start with algebra word problems and plan to work my way up through geometry and into calculus word problems. I will continue to study all sections of my textbooks but only use this site for help mainly with word problems.

mathdad

Of course, applications will get harder as the weeks to by.

mathdad

Check out my new word problems posted. This will be my area of concentration at FMH.