My Posting Plans

And I shall say that this is the complete secret of applying algebra to practical problems. So your decision is wise. It reflects the greatest deficiency in math education at basic levels. It is much easier to teach mechanical techniques than the translation into mathematical terms of problems stated in a natural language. So the average teacher in high school opts for the easy route of teaching meaningless mechanics.

I agree 100 percent. Thank you. This is my greatest weakness in math. I will post daily applications or models as stated in textbooks. However, no more than 2 daily questions will be posted.

I will be back to my studies of Precalculus when life gets better for me.

My friend is searching for a user-friendly Calculus 3 or Multivariable Calculus textbook or self-study book. She said there is no Calculus 3 Declassified and/or Math for Dummies Calculus 3 book. I'm thinking James Stewart textbooks are good for self-study, right? If not, what is the "easiest" Calculus 3 textbook for self-study?

… I'm thinking James Stewart textbooks are good for self-study, right?
I've used some of those, harpazo; there didn't seem to be any issues (out of the ordinary).

… what is the "easiest" Calculus 3 textbook for self-study?
I can't really know what presentation your friend finds "easy", but has she visited local libraries (city and college locations)? The best way to determine whether a text suits one's preference is to spend some time reading it.

?

I've used some of those, harpazo; there didn't seem to be any issues (out of the ordinary).

I can't really know what presentation your friend finds "easy", but has she visited local libraries (city and college locations)? The best way to determine whether a text suits one's preference is to spend some time reading it.

?

I will advice as you suggested.

The weekend of 6/20/20, I'll be back to graphing trig functions. Finally fixed my situation (for now). Thanks be to God. David Cohen textbook questions coming soon.

I will dedicate this entire week to word problems. However, next week we continue where I left off, that is, graphing trig functions.

Note: We go back to Precalculus next week. I want to continue where I left off before my life was thrown into a loop.

More word problems coming up later today. This whole week will be dedicated to a review of word problems.

We go back to Precalculus next week. We continue where we left off, that is, graphing trig functions.

We go back to Precalculus next week. We continue where I left off, that is, graphing trig functions. I downloaded a Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook. This is the book I will use for the remainder of my Precalculus self-study.

The downloaded pages allow me to copy and paste material. The rest of the journey should be a lot easier. The Sullivan textbook is so much better for what I want to know about the subject. I will not trash or give away my David Cohen textbook but instead use it as reference and practice from time to time.

We go back to graphing trig functions next week starting with y = sin x and y = - sin x.

I will read the forum rules again. I will highlight certain parts that I should put to memory. If there is something unclear, I will ask Dan (and the rest of you) to explain. Perhaps this is what I need.

A good way to keep people that are not serious about learning mathematics away from the site is to develop a math test requirement. The test should be fair. The test should be at the high school level.

I think 10 questions is enough. The passing grade should be 7/10 correct or 70%. Every person gets 3 chances per year to pass the entry math test. The test should also be timed.

For 10 reasonable high school math questions, 60 minutes is enough. The test should cover algebra 1, algebra 2 and one or two basic geometry questions. What do you say?

Beer inspired song break follows.
I will read the forum rules again. I will highlight certain parts that I should put to memory. If there is something unclear, I will ask Dan (and the rest of you) to explain. Perhaps this is what I need.
Perhaps.

But what the world needs now is love, sweet love

It's the only thing that there's just too little of

What the world needs now is love, sweet love

No not just for some, but for everyone

Lord, we don't need another mountain

There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb

There are oceans and rivers enough to cross

Enough to last 'til the end of time

No, not just for some, but for everyone

Lord, we don't need another meadow

There are cornfields and wheatfields enough to grow

There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine

Oh listen, Lord, if you want to know

No, not just for some, oh, but just for every, every, everyone

It is good that you are reading the forum's guidelines. Many posters read these guidelines. My question to you is why are you the only one that posts that you are reading the guidelines? You don't need to tell us everything you do concerning your usage of this forum.