Need help figuring this out

I need to write a 6 didget number one must be fifty for thousand less than otheother

The problem statement does not make sense.

Please post the exact problem. Also:

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

I need to write a 6 didget number one must be fifty for thousand less than otheother
Correcting the mis-spellings and grammar, I think you mean: "I need to write a 6 digit number. One must be fiftyfour thousand less than the other."

Unfortunately this still doesn't make sense because the first sentense asks for "a six digit number" while the second sentence refers to two numbers.

So I guess you mean "I need to write two six digit numbers. One must be fiftyfour thousand less than the other."

Do you know what a "six digit number" is? If so just write down whatever 6 digit number you like. Add 54000 to it. If that has 7 digits, instead subtract 54000 from the first number.

Last edited: