Need help NOW! i have to pass

classof2013

A large planetarium in the shape of a dome is being built. When it is complete the base of the dome will have a circumference of 87 kilometers. What area of land was required for this planetarium?

A large planetarium in the shape of a dome is being built. When it is complete the base of the dome will have a circumference of 87 kilometers. What area of land was required for this planetarium?

What will be the shape "of the land required for planetarium"?

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

It is an ill-posed question. The question should define the shape of the base more clearly.

I assume the shape to be a circle.

You know the perimeter of the circle (87 km).

You need to find the srea of the circle. (Hint: perimeter → radius → area)

Last edited by a moderator:
online geometry

Im doing an online geometry class as well right now! and im gonna be graduating next year <2013> ....online geometry is so hard...its suppose to be an 18 week course crammed into 8 weeks an when i go take a test the questions are stuff ive never seen!...sometimes but still! ive cried over my computer 4 times already its so stressful....

Circumference of a circle is given by \(\displaystyle 2\pi r\).

You are given \(\displaystyle 2\pi r=87\)

Solve for r and sub into the area of a circle formula, \(\displaystyle \pi r^{2}\).