Need help with a math problem for work

semaxus

Hello guys, I confess that I absolutely suck at math. Unfortunately my boss handed me what is basically a math problem I gotta solve, and I have no idea how to do it cause of lack of my math skills. I am hoping someone can help me with this or I'm screwed.

Co basically I've got this table in excel, where X (row) is a width and Y is a height (column) of a wooden sauna cabin, the X;Y is the price for a sauna with said dimensions. I need to find a relationship between the sice and the price. I can't seem to find it, the price seems to grow non linearly, I can't seem to find any coeficient. AGain, I suck at math, maybe solution is simple, but I just don't see it. Can anyone help me please?

Table is attached. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Bez názvu.jpg
    Bez názvu.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 2
Hello guys, I confess that I absolutely suck at math. Unfortunately my boss handed me what is basically a math problem I gotta solve, and I have no idea how to do it cause of lack of my math skills. I am hoping someone can help me with this or I'm screwed.

Co basically I've got this table in excel, where X (row) is a width and Y is a height (column) of a wooden sauna cabin, the X;Y is the price for a sauna with said dimensions. I need to find a relationship between the sice and the price. I can't seem to find it, the price seems to grow non linearly, I can't seem to find any coeficient. AGain, I suck at math, maybe solution is simple, but I just don't see it. Can anyone help me please?

Table is attached. Thanks for any help!
first make a two column table with 'size' vs. 'price'.

Then, using Excel, plot it and do trend analysis. That will give you the equation for the 'best-fit' curve.

As I said on another board:

You have a table with which it is easy to look up the precise price for each combination of height and width. It would be silly to, instead, use some complicated "formula" which could only give you an approximate value!