Need help with Diff math

firewall321

Hello, today I had lecture in Differential equations, I haven't slept whole night before so I was daydreaming whole class. luckily it was only first class so if I understand how this works I will hopefully catch up with rest of group would appreciate if someone could help and explain a little bit how to solve this kind of problems:

this is just one of examples - determine whether the given first-order differential equation is linear in the indicated dependent variable
(y(squared) - 1)dx + xdy = 0; in y; in x

I prefer explanation and tips how to do it over simple answer. thanks a lot in advance and sorry if I'm asking too much

Hello, today I had lecture in Differential equations, I haven't slept whole night before so I was daydreaming whole class. luckily it was only first class so if I understand how this works I will hopefully catch up with rest of group would appreciate if someone could help and explain a little bit how to solve this kind of problems:

this is just one of examples - determine whether the given first-order differential equation is linear in the indicated dependent variable
(y(squared) - 1)dx + xdy = 0; in y; in x

I prefer explanation and tips how to do it over simple answer. thanks a lot in advance and sorry if I'm asking too much

Did you try Googling it (Linear Differential equation and First-order differential Equation)?!!