need help with intersectin of two functions......

Mahgoub

shaded area.jpg
I need to calculate the area of the shaded area which is integ.of fx-Fg but my problem is that how can I find the intersection of the two functions?
any hints????

View attachment 9619
I need to calculate the area of the shaded area which is integ.of fx-Fg but my problem is that how can I find the intersection of the two functions?
any hints????

If functions f(x) and g(x) intersect in point (x,y) it means they have the same value y for that x. This allows us to construct an equation and solve it for x.

View attachment 9619
any hints????

I don't know what you mean by "fx-Fg". And if I'm reading the graph correctly, the area will not just be the integral of f(x) - g(x), if that is what you meant.

But if you want the intersection of the graphs of f(x) = 2 cos(x/2) and g(x) = 5 ln(x), you will be solving the equation 2 cos(x/2) = 5 ln(x). This can't be solved algebraically, but could be done numerically. Are you allowed to use some sort of technology, such as a graphing calculator?