Need help with making a simple formula

anm123

I know this is a pretty simple question, but I do need some help. I have a game where I can craft items for a recipe, and one item is crafted with another item. Ex. It takes 3 of A to make 1 B. And the recipe requires 10 A, and 20 B. What’s an easy formula I can use to make sure I properly maximize my items? In other words, how can I make sure I craft enough B that it’s twice as much as my remaining A?

I know this is a pretty simple question, but I do need some help. I have a game where I can craft items for a recipe, and one item is crafted with another item. Ex. It takes 3 of A to make 1 B. And the recipe requires 10 A, and 20 B. What’s an easy formula I can use to make sure I properly maximize my items? In other words, how can I make sure I craft enough B that it’s twice as much as my remaining A?
I'm not quite sure I follow, but here's one way to think about it, if I understand the problem.

The recipe needs 10 of A and 20 of B. You can make the 20 of B from 60 of A, so you need to start with 60 + 10 = 70 of A, and then use 60 of them to make B. So, in general, you'll be using 6/7 of your A to make B, and keeping 1/7 of A to use in the recipe.

I'm not quite sure I follow, but here's one way to think about it, if I understand the problem.

The recipe needs 10 of A and 20 of B. You can make the 20 of B from 60 of A, so you need to start with 60 + 10 = 70 of A, and then use 60 of them to make B. So, in general, you'll be using 6/7 of your A to make B, and keeping 1/7 of A to use in the recipe.
Thanks for the help! If it helps, the reason I'm asking is because I often have amounts of A in the quintillions, so having a formula or a known amount to use helps a lot :)

Are you making B out of A or something else out of A and B?