Need help with pre-cal questions!

So the positive x value is the both the side length and the height?
The single solution for x is positive, but x does not represent the length or the height. Look at the given information, again.

What expression is given for the side length? What expression is given for the height?

?

The single solution for x is positive, but x does not represent the length or the height. Look at the given information, again.

What expression is given for the side length? What expression is given for the height?

?
Side length (x+2), height (x-1), do I substitute the x-value into the expressions?

She's only uploaded a small video about factoring …
Okay, but the polynomial x^3/3 + x^2 - 40/3 cannot be factored in a useful way.

Maybe the original exercise contains a mistake. For example, if the side length were given as √(x+2), instead, then we would have a quadratic equation instead of a cubic equation.

Otherwise, it seems strange to assign such an exercise without any instruction about finding Real roots of 3rd-degree polynomials.

?

Okay, but the polynomial x^3/3 + x^2 - 40/3 cannot be factored in a useful way.

Maybe the original exercise contains a mistake. For example, if the side length were given as √(x+2), instead, then we would have a quadratic equation instead of a cubic equation.

Otherwise, it seems strange to assign such an exercise without any instruction about finding Real roots of 3rd-degree polynomials.

?
Yes, I agree. I didn't expect it to be cubic because I didn't expect to use factoring in the first place I was hoping it was quadratic..

Just telling us that you have an idea is not the same as telling us you have an idea. Seriously, if you want help you will receive the help that you need to do finish your problems but in the end it will be you who solve your problem. That will open happen if you tell us what you know and exactly where you need help.
That statement was a response to your first post, it was just after I found out I had to do one question per thread and was mean't to articulate the amount of questions I really needed help on, it wasn't mean't to be specific because then it would lead to a more detailed discussion which is against the guidelines I believe. After I posted that, I went into better detail regarding only one question, instead of all four that I included in my original post, so I could better follow the rules. ?

That statement was a response to your first post, it was just after I found out I had to do one question per thread and was mean't to articulate the amount of questions I really needed help on, it wasn't mean't to be specific because then it would lead to a more detailed discussion which is against the guidelines I believe. After I posted that, I went into better detail regarding only one question, instead of all four that I included in my original post, so I could better follow the rules. ?
"....more detailed discussion which is against the guidelines...."

More detailed discussion is always WELCOME here - it is NOT against the guidelines.

… it wasn't mean't to be specific because then it would lead to a more detailed discussion which is against the guidelines I believe …
By "more detailed discussion", is it possible you meant something like a "more tangled discussion"? The amount of detail is not an issue, but mixing details of multiple exercises within a single thread creates issues (eg: the burden of excessive scrolling back and forth between thread pages, to follow a single exercise). It may be that Jomo interpreted your prior wording differently than what you intended.

?

By "more detailed discussion", is it possible you meant something like a "more tangled discussion"? The amount of detail is not an issue, but mixing details of multiple exercises within a single thread creates issues (eg: the burden of excessive scrolling back and forth between thread pages, to follow a single exercise). It may be that Jomo interpreted your prior wording differently than what you intended.

?
Yes, that's what I mean't. I totally understand why it would be better to have different threads for different exercises. :)