Need help with Solar Panel question

Mathdud

I’ve been having a hard time with this question and I feel as if I am seriously missing something.
Here’s the question:
New York City uses 204,580 kilowatt hours each day. It takes 25 solar panels to produce 5 kilowatt hours of electricity. How many solar panels to power all of New York for 1 day?
Thank you so much in advance!

I’ve been having a hard time with this question and I feel as if I am seriously missing something
Hello Md. Please share what you've tried or thought about, so that tutors will have a starting point. Thank you.

[imath]\;[/imath]

Hello Md. Please share what you've tried or thought about, so that tutors will have a starting point. Thank you.

[imath]\;[/imath]
First I thought about doing 204,580/5 didn’t seem right. So I tried 5*5 (assuming that 125 solar panels were needed in all), the did 204,580/125= 1647. I just know I am overthinking things.

First I thought about doing 204,580/5 didn’t seem right. So I tried 5*5 (assuming that 125 solar panels were needed in all), the did 204,580/125= 1647. I just know I am overthinking things.
The key is unit cancellation:
[math]\frac{\text{204,580}\sout{kW}}{day}*\frac{\text{? solar panels}}{\text{?}\sout{ kW}} = \frac{\text{? solar panels}}{day}[/math]

think all you have to do is 25/5 to get how many solar panels should you use for 1 kilowatt, i got 5 solar panels. After that you can do 204580/5 which will equal 40916. Then you can multiply the 25 in there. I believe 1022900 should be your answer.

(204,580 kilowatt/day)/5 = 40,916 kilowatt/day---This represents how many 5 kilowatts NYC uses every day.
Now it takes 25 solar panels to produce 5 kilowatt hours
So how many solar panels to produce 5 kw every day?
Continue...

By the way, in my opinion, the method by BBB is the best way to solve such a problem.

(204,580 kilowatt/day)/5 = 40,916 kilowatt/day---This represents how many 5 kilowatts NYC uses every day.
Now it takes 25 solar panels to produce 5 kilowatt hours
So how many solar panels to produce 5 kw every day?
Continue...

By the way, in my opinion, the method by BBB is the best way to solve such a problem.
So you convert to how many kilowatt hours NYC uses everyday. Then how many solar panels needed to produce a day. So that would be 40,916/1= 40,916, correct?

I’ve been having a hard time with this question and I feel as if I am seriously missing something.
Here’s the question:
New York City uses 204,580 kilowatt hours each day. It takes 25 solar panels to produce 5 kilowatt hours of electricity. How many solar panels to power all of New York for 1 day?
Thank you so much in advance!
Start with the question: How many solar panels do we need to produce 204,580 kilowatt hours?
The answer depends on what one solar panel produces. If we knew that, what would be the formula? Write it down.

Now, how do we find the missing info - what one panel produces? Look at the other givens: 25 solar panels produce 5 kilowatt hours. Find from this how much one panel produces. Plug in the result in the formula above and you are all set.