NEED HELP

gressi lika

Its given the population= 4000, profesors=300 kids=500 student=450 retired =600 unable to=100 and looking for work=700
we need to find the unemplyement rate

I first found the Labor force=4000-(500+450+600+100)=2350 that's where i been stuck

You mean you want find the percentage of the unemployment?

[MATH]\frac{4000 - \ all \ other \ people}{total}[/math] x [math]100 = \frac{number \ of \ unmployment}{4000}[/MATH] x [MATH]100[/MATH]

no we need to find how many are unemployed, but im not sure if i need just to calculate the "looking for work" or should I do like labor force- people who are employed "the professors"
So its gonna be : unemployment rate = 2050/2350 or 700/2350 im not sure what to chose

It might help if you told us what the question is?

It would also help if you gave us accurate descriptions of the various categories. Somehow it seems unlikely that, on average, a professor teaches fewer than two students.

Finally, if the question is to determine the unemployment rate, what is the definition of the unemployment rate given in your book? For example, how are students who are also working to be classified?

that is the question ... the unemployment rate is equal to unemployed people/ labor force .... labor force is all people who work or are continuously looking for work... and unemployed people are those who are +16 yo and are able to work, and looking for one
Like I said previously its rather gonna be 2050/2350 ( 2050 I found like 2350- professors who are working so they should not be part of unemployment ) or its gonna be 700/2350 so we just calculate the looking for work in the unemployment part