Need to find a calcul to get a value's percentage

Guillaume956

Hello,
I would like to know how to calculate my way into getting 'x'

33.3 = 0%
44 = x <--- how to calculate 'x' value in percentage ?
78 = 100%

Would be nice if someone can help me there,
Thanks, have a nice day.

Hello,

33.3 = 0%
78 = 100%

Thanks, have a nice day.
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Hello,

33.3 = 0%
78 = 100%

Thanks, have a nice day.
It isn't entirely clear what this means, but one interpretation would be that you want a linear function that includes the points (33.3, 0) and (78,100). This can be done by using point-slope or slope-intercept form, or by proportions. What have you tried? What do you know that might be used?

I'd also want to be sure that 33.3 doesn't really mean 33 1/3.

Thank you for your answer

"using point-slope or slope-intercept form, or by proportions "
I don't know which one is the best to use, I would like to know what proportion represent 44

I am creating a gauge that starts from 33.3 value and ends at 78 value. I would like to know what percentage represent 44 on this gauge.

The best one to use is the one that is needed. Do you have point and slope or intercept and slope?

Thank you for your answer

"using point-slope or slope-intercept form, or by proportions "
I don't know which one is the best to use, I would like to know what proportion represent 44

I am creating a gauge that starts from 33.3 value and ends at 78 value. I would like to know what percentage represent 44 on this gauge.
The best one to use is the one you try. All three can work (though slope-intercept, which is what many students are taught for this, takes more work). Never let a desire for the best way keep you from trying anything.

I was trying to find out, both directly and indirectly, whether you know any of those methods, and are willing to give it a try; or whether you just want to be spoon-fed. I can do the latter, if that's what you need, but I'd rather help you discover you can do it yourself.

If you want a hint for the proportion approach, how far is it from 33.3 to 78? What percent of the way is 44 from 33.3? That will be your answer.