Not sure about which analysis / how to do it in SPSS - Help would be greatly appreciated!

irinabc22

So for my master thesis I'm trying to determine whether acute dystonic reactions to antipsychotic medication follow a circadian rhythm or not. I basically have a list of times during the day at which patients developed a reaction and I'm trying to figure out whether it is more likely that they develop it at certain times rather than other times during the day. I was thinking to do a repeated measure analysis in SPSS since basically IV would be time and DV would be frequency of dystonic reactions but I'm kinda stumped on how exactly to analyse this, since SPSS then of course requires multiple within-subject variables but I only really have one variable (the time at which acute dystonia occurs). I hope that this is somewhat clear and I'd be so grateful for any help because I really feel like I'm totally mentally stuck on this one right now!

So for my master thesis I'm trying to determine whether acute dystonic reactions to antipsychotic medication follow a circadian rhythm or not. I basically have a list of times during the day at which patients developed a reaction and I'm trying to figure out whether it is more likely that they develop it at certain times rather than other times during the day. I was thinking to do a repeated measure analysis in SPSS since basically IV would be time and DV would be frequency of dystonic reactions but I'm kinda stumped on how exactly to analyse this, since SPSS then of course requires multiple within-subject variables but I only really have one variable (the time at which acute dystonia occurs). I hope that this is somewhat clear and I'd be so grateful for any help because I really feel like I'm totally mentally stuck on this one right now!
Have you taken any statistics course where different types of analyses were discussed?
I was thinking to do a repeated measure analysis in SPSS since basically IV would be time and DV would be frequency of dystonic reactions
What does "repeated measure analysis" provide? For example if you are seeking effect of a medicine in a population - you can run 't' statistics or you can run ANOVA.

Last edited: