Not sure how to do this problem: "Researchers at a media company want to study news-reading habits among different age groups."

lu346

How would I do this problem, I tried it but it was wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
How would I do this problem, I tried it but it was wrong.
1709687004780.png

How did you choose your percentages?

To me, the problem is unclear. What are you to find percentages with respect to? Do the numbers represent, say, the number of people in a given age range who subscribe to each kind of article? Does no one subscribe to both? Are you to ignore those who subscribe to neither?

Possibly something in your class implied some assumptions you are expected to make.

But the best I can see, given the incomplete data, is to find each number as a percentage of the total in its row, and then make the bar graph according to what you learned a "segmented bar graph" is supposed to be. (If I'm right, then the top of each would be at 100%.)

Oh ok this make sense, I think I’ve figured it out now. I put the top of each at 100 percent and then calculated the percentages. I included an attached image of my completed problem. Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_5601.jpeg
    IMG_5601.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 5
Oh ok this make sense, I think I’ve figured it out now. I put the top of each at 100 percent and then calculated the percentages. I included an attached image of my completed problem. Thank you so much for your help!
Yes, that is probably what is intended.