Would the odds be different?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Multicm

There are 100 tickets picked at random in a group of 200. The tickets are numbered 1-200, are the odds of Numbers 1 2 and 3 being picked different than any random 3 numbers? (What I am asking is would the odds be different for 3 consecutive numbers than 3 random numbers?)

Also note, the numbers do not have to be picked in a row, just picked at all within those 100.

There are 100 tickets picked at random in a group of 200. The tickets are numbered 1-200, are the odds of Numbers 1 2 and 3 being picked different than any random 3 numbers? (What I am asking is would the odds be different for 3 consecutive numbers than 3 random numbers?)

Also note, the numbers do not have to be picked in a row, just picked at all within those 100.

Since you did not show any work - may be you are stuck in definition.

What is the difference between "odds" and "probability"?

Please share your work with us.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (e.g. "are these correct?")

Is this a school problem? Why did you post it as a poll? Correct answers are not decided by voting in math.

First, please read the READ BEFORE POSTING thread as Subhotosh Khan requested.

Second to understand the answer, how many distinct sequences of three successive numbers can be formed from the numbers 1 through 200?