On a large construction project to build a multi-level apartment block, six tilers have been working....

mathgeniusxo

This is a question my math teacher gave me in an Equiz and ive tried so hard but my answer (which was C) is wrong. I dont understand where I could even begin it is annoying me, help solving pls? Question:
On a large construction project to build a multi-level apartment block, six tilers have been working. Assume that the six tilers can complete five small apartments in four hours (a half day), and that each floor level has thirteen small apartments.

When the last two levels of the building are still to be finished, the supervisor takes two tilers away to another project and the other tilers are left to finish the remaining floors. How long will it take the tilers who are still there to complete the last two floor levels (rounded to the nearest day)?

C 6

Check how many apartments are left to finish.

A 3

D 8

B 4

mathgeniusxo, the problem assumes that each tiler works at the same constant rate, and that this rate is the same for each of them.

The last two floors are still to be finished.

How many apartments are on each floor?

Two tilers taken away from six tilers leaves what fraction of six tilers still working?

The four remaining tilers can complete what fraction of the rate of five apartments in half a day?

Optionally, the four remaining tilers can complete what fraction of the rate of five apartments in one day?

Please show your work here that led you to choice C.