p&c q13

Saumyojit

There are 12 points in a plane of which no three points are collinear and 5 points are concyclic. The number of different circles that can be drawn through at least 3 points of these points is​

a set of points are said to be concyclic if they lie on a common circle.​

A circle can be formed if there are atleast 3 non-colinear points .

5 points are concyclic --> 12c5 Right ?​

if 5 points are concyclic , then 3 points , 4points are concylic too. right ?

There are 12 points in a plane of which no three points are collinear and 5 points are concyclic. The number of different circles that can be drawn through at least 3 points of these points is​

5 points are concyclic --> 12c5 Right ?​

Saumyojit, you do have a problem with English translation.
The given tells us that there are twelve points no three are colinear, thus there are [imath]^{12}\mathcal{C}_3=220[/imath].
Also we are told that one subset of five points are concyclic. Has that circle already been counted?

The problem could be phrased more clearly (like most of those you ask about). I would take it to mean that the only subset of more than 3 points that are concyclic is one set of 5. So any circle you can get from any of those 5 points is the same single circle. That may be what you mean by this last sentence (or it may not).

So how can you count the distinct circles?

you do have a problem with English translation
this sum is easy but due to less understanding of English sentences , i lost a lot of time .

5c3= Invalid circle
220-10=210
but only one circle out of 10 is valid , 211 answer

I did not understood that i have to count circles exactly only with 3 points .
I thought atleast means they are telling minimum 3 maximum can be any no less than 12.

With the line 5 points are concyclic , i knew that particularly those 5 points will be on same circle but unable to relate that they're giving me a condition that any circle made with 3 of those 5 points is the same thing as one full circle .

Weak English translation costs me lot of time

5c3= Invalid circle
220-10=210
but only one circle out of 10 is valid , 211 answer
I think you mean the right things here; complete sentences would help us understand you. You are saying that there are 12C3 = 220 sets of 3 points; but 5C3 = 10 of them all lie on the same circle, so we subtract 10 and add 1 back in order to count the circle only once. Good.

I did not understood that i have to count circles exactly only with 3 points .
I thought atleast means they are telling minimum 3 maximum can be any no less than 12.
This makes little grammatical sense.

I think you are referring to the phrase in the problem, "circles that can be drawn through at least 3 of these points". Since any 3 points determine a circle, we can draw a circle through any three points, but such a circle might also pass through others. They are saying that they are not excluding circles that pass through more than 3 points. But the only circle that does that is that one 5-point circle.

Weak English translation costs me lot of time
I'm not sure whether you (or pka) are referring to your having to read problems in English (which I presume were written in English originally, but not always well), or your having to write to us in English (making it often quite hard both for you to express yourself clearly, and for us to understand your thinking). But both of those, and more, do indeed cost all of us time.

As for your writing, I find that if you (any non-native speaker) say more than you think you need to say, expressing the same ideas in more words and in multiple ways, it is commonly easier to be understood. (Too many try to use fewer words than they need, because even a few words requires effort, and perhaps they think that fewer words mean fewer embarrassing mistakes.) That's what I would try to do if I had to write in an unfamiliar language! It does slow down the initial writing, but it may reduce the need for back-and-forth communication.

Here is the OP: There are 12 points in a plane of which no three points are collinear and 5 points are concyclic. The number of different circles that can be drawn through at least 3 points of these points is.
If [imath]\mathcal{F}[/imath] is the set of points and [imath]\mathcal{T}[/imath] is the subset of five points of [imath]\mathcal{F}[/imath] that are concyclic then there are [imath]^{12}\mathcal{C}_3=220[/imath] distinct circles determined. Plus one, the circle determined by the points of [imath]\mathcal{T}[/imath]. So the answer is [imath]221[/imath].