partial equation

smallbingbang

Hello Everyone,
I have a partial equation question that I am trying to solve and understand. If anyone would show me the method on how to obtain the answer for E, F,G & H. I would appreciate very much. Thanks so much.

Attachments

• Equation.JPG
    Equation.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 10
There are a couple different ways to do this, and a lot of mistakes you could be making, which is why we ask you to show your work. That way we can see what help you need.

Lacking that, the best I can do is to show you another example. Luckily, I found a great explanation here, in which the "big example" is practically identical to yours (so it covers all the issues you'll run into):

Read through that, then if you have trouble with your example, show us your work and any questions you have about it.

(By the way, this is not called a "partial equation", but a "partial fractions decomposition problem".)

Hello Everyone,
I have a partial equation question that I am trying to solve and understand. If anyone would show me the method on how to obtain the answer for E, F,G & H. I would appreciate very much. Thanks so much.
If I were to solve this:

First I'll multiply both sides of equation by (x+6)2

Then I'll evaluate the resulting "expressions" at x = -6

That will give me the value of F.

continue.....

What method/s have been taught to solve such equation/s?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

There are two fundamental rules here. Give us the complete text of the problem. Hooray. You got that one right. Show your work or explain why you can't even start. Uh oh, you flunked that one. Here are all the rules

The first thing to do is get all the fractions on the right using a common denominator.

The second thing to do is ask yourself how many unknowns you have to solve for in this problem? So how many equations do you need?