pathagorean theorom? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallinbehind

you have a 25 foot ladder that just reaches the edge of the roof of a house. If the bottom of the ladder is 10 feet from the base of the house, how tall is the edge of the house? (round answers to the nearest whole foot) Draw a picture of this description , then calculate the height, do not forget that greek guys theorom!

I missed four days of math and don't have a clue as to what i'm doing except that i think i'm supposed to use pathagorean theorom....
please help

OK. What's the Greek Guy's (Pythagorus) Theorem? Then we can get started.

ummm.... i think its
In a right triangle, the square of the length of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the legs.

C squared= a squared + b squared

Doesn't anyone write definitions?

c = length of ladder = 25 ft
a = distance of ladder base from the house = 10 ft
b = height of roof

b = 15? Where did you get that? SHOW YOUR WORK!!!

It isn't magic. No one knows what is in your head. You must tell us.

there is a better site then this that helps with math tutoring....it has people who want to help.....and dont give you an additude every minute you ask a simple question....no matter how hard you are trying...so if you need the name of the site just let me know

Yup. There are lots of places where you can just get your answers and move on. You can do that here. It's just your luck to find me on line. I don't believe that is EVER the right way to proceed. I want to verify that you are LEARNING something. "Thank you for the answer." just doesn't cut it for me. Others do not share my views.

Status
Not open for further replies.