PDF, CDF and f values

Chishay

Hi guys,

I have to learn to do assignments as such and I'm clueless where to even start. I would really appropriate any help. Thanks in advance!Capture.PNG

You should not be "clueless", ever, unless this is a placement test. If this is a placement test, you should get it wrong if you are clueless. That way, you have a better chance of getting into the right class.

A PDF starts simply indicates where probability lives. It can be discrete, like this one, with just a few bumps.
A CDF starts at zero and increases with the first bump, making it all the way to unity on the last bump.

There. Now, you are not "clueless". What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have to learn to do assignments as such and I'm clueless where to even start. I would really appropriate any help. Thanks in advance!View attachment 13206
Since you feel you are clueless - appropriate place to start would be the definitions and their applications to this problem.

Can you please define PDF (as referenced in this problem?

Thank you for your input :) this will not be a part of a placement test. It is a part of a one time exam which I will undertake from my university degree and most likely not work with the topic afterwards.

So if we take the same random variable between the PDF and CDF we are looking into the same random variable very differently. The PDF chart shows an area while CDF heights. This is what I have found out through this video:

So according to that I proceeded to try to solve it in excel. Here are my results:

what do you guys think?