Physics Graphs: associate graphs with left-right motion of blue, red, and green balls (position, velocity, acceleration)

Amelinator

Screenshot 2024-02-05 001622.png
Honestly, I'm not really sure where to start. I've tried a few combinations that seemed obvious, but none of them were right.

Start with the slopes of each graph. The slope of a position vs time graph is what quantity? Slope of a velocity vs time graph? Compare those to the motion of each ball.
the slope of the v vs t graph is 0 and the slope of the p vs t graph is positive

the pvt would be blue and the vvt would be red or green? i think?

View attachment 37066
Honestly, I'm not really sure where to start. I've tried a few combinations that seemed obvious, but none of them were right.
It looks like you are supposed to see an animation in order to answer these questions so, since we can't see that, we can only offer suggestions based on some guesswork and assumptions.

I suspect the grey circles are showing the historic positions of each ball after a fixed time interval when the animation has been paused (or has finished) after 8 seconds, yes?

Then the green ball appears to have moved the same amount each time so it would appear to have a constant (unchanging) velocity. Which graph shows a constant velocity?

The red ball, however, seems to move a greater distance each time therefore it seems to be moving faster. What do we call that? (When something's velocity increases.) Is there a graph that shows that?

The blue ball seems to be doing the opposite of the red ball.

I assume that the third graph means to show displacement (rather than position) against time. The ball that represents would have to be moving away from the start but the amount it is moving away in each interval is increasing as time goes by. Any thoughts what that means?

Hint: the graphs apply to only two of the balls (as far as I can see).

Hope that helps. 😊

It looks like you are supposed to see an animation in order to answer these questions so, since we can't see that, we can only offer suggestions based on some guesswork and assumptions.

I suspect the grey circles are showing the historic positions of each ball after a fixed time interval when the animation has been paused (or has finished) after 8 seconds, yes?

Then the green ball appears to have moved the same amount each time so it would appear to have a constant (unchanging) velocity. Which graph shows a constant velocity?

The red ball, however, seems to move a greater distance each time therefore it seems to be moving faster. What do we call that? (When something's velocity increases.) Is there a graph that shows that?

The blue ball seems to be doing the opposite of the red ball.

I assume that the third graph means to show displacement (rather than position) against time. The ball that represents would have to be moving away from the start but the amount it is moving away in each interval is increasing as time goes by. Any thoughts what that means?

Hint: the graphs apply to only two of the balls (as far as I can see).

Hope that helps. 😊
Thanks a lot I got it on my last Try!