Pipe Areas

Lordkro

Hi,

I need to calculate the formulas of a certain pipe section that consists of a shell and a branch (see image below):

20191106_155936.jpg

The areas are demarcated with hatching and named: Afs I, Afb I, Afb II, Afs II, Ap I, Ap II

The basic Formulae are pretty easy to get to, with regards to just splitting the area members in different shapes, like for instance Afb I:

Afb I = (L x B) + (0.5 x b x H)
Where this is easy to see that the shape members are a rectangle and a triangle(with a 90 degree angle inside)

What I am struggling to determine is the individual items which will have their own formulae, like for instance B = eas = do - di

Anyone willing to help please do.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I need to calculate the formulas of a certain pipe section that consists of a shell and a branch (see image below):

View attachment 14526

The areas are demarcated with hatching and named: Afs I, Afb I, Afb II, Afs II, Ap I, Ap II

The basic Formulae are pretty easy to get to, with regards to just splitting the area members in different shapes, like for instance Afb I:

Afb I = (L x B) + (0.5 x b x H)
Where this is easy to see that the shape members are a rectangle and a triangle(with a 90 degree angle inside)

What I am struggling to determine is the individual items which will have their own formulae, like for instance B = eas = do - di

Anyone willing to help please do.

Thank you in advance!
This looks like a "commercial" but tedious and long problem.

I suggest go to the nearest university or community college and hire a hungry "graduate" engineering student to calculate those numbers.