Please Help I need to reverse the function of 2 formulas and I am NO mathematician

born2dive00

Hello everyone and happy Thanksgiving

Please forgive me if I have posted this request in the wrong section of this forum. I am no mathematician by any means and have not one this type of math since college some 30 years ago. Secondly this formula is in an excel sheet but I believe that the functions/ methods would still be the same.

I have 2 very critical function formulas that I need to work in reverse.
Currently the values entered in B4, B6, B8, will give me the missing result in S4

What I need to do is have the value in S4 go through the formula to = the missing results in B4, B6, B8

Here are the base parts of the 2 formulas that I need to reverse the function for,

Formula 1 =ACOS($J$6/SQRT($J$4^3))

Formula 2 =-2*SQRT($J$4)*COS(($J$8+2*PI())/3)-$F$4/3)

I have attached a snap shot of the excel sheet with the current formulas for your reference The 2 formulas in red on the spreadsheet are the ones that I need to reverse

Please Help and Thank you for all your help.

Attachments

• formula jpeg.jpg
    formula jpeg.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2
The image is unreadable, and even with it I'm not sure it would be clear what your goal is.

Perhaps it will help if you state in more algebraic terms (giving variable names to each relevant quantity) what the inputs and outputs are, going forward, and which variables will be inputs and outputs going backward.

Please at least try again with the image; make sure it is clear enough, but not so large that the site's software will mess it up by trying to shrink it.

Also, be sure to read our guidelines as summarized here.

Hello everyone and happy Thanksgiving

Please forgive me if I have posted this request in the wrong section of this forum. I am no mathematician by any means and have not one this type of math since college some 30 years ago. Secondly this formula is in an excel sheet but I believe that the functions/ methods would still be the same.

I have 2 very critical function formulas that I need to work in reverse.
Currently the values entered in B4, B6, B8, will give me the missing result in S4

What I need to do is have the value in S4 go through the formula to = the missing results in B4, B6, B8

Here are the base parts of the 2 formulas that I need to reverse the function for,

Formula 1 =ACOS($J$6/SQRT($J$4^3))

Formula 2 =-2*SQRT($J$4)*COS(($J$8+2*PI())/3)-$F$4/3)

I have attached a snap shot of the excel sheet with the current formulas for your reference The 2 formulas in red on the spreadsheet are the ones that I need to reverse

Please Help and Thank you for all your help.

If I understand correctly - you are given one equation and three variables (B4, B6, B8) - and it creates one new variable (S4)

Now you are given one variable (S4) and you want to calculate three variables (B4, B6, B8) - using one equation.

Cannot be done as stated (in general).