please help me with this problem

sasa16

Two regular hexagons. The side of a larger hexagon
is twice as long as the smaller page. The smaller hexagon should be painted brown, and the rest of the larger hexagon yellow
color. If 150 g of brown paint was used to paint this logo on the company's building, as much as was needed
yellow to dye the rest?Can anyone help me ans show me step by step how to slove this problem.Thanks

is twice as long as the smaller page. The smaller hexagon should be painted brown, and the rest of the larger hexagon yellow
color. If 150 g of brown paint was used to paint this logo on the company's building, as much as was needed
yellow to dye the rest?Can anyone help me ans show me step by step how to slove this problem.Thanks
Please review your post and edit/explain:

twice as long as the smaller page
Where did reference to page come from?

The smaller hexagon should be painted brown, and the rest of the larger hexagon yellow color
Where is the smaller hexagon (location) in reference to the larger hexagon.

Do you know the expression for area of regular hexagon when the you know the length of one side? If not - Google it. Please tell us what it is.

Here is what I think you mean, taking a guess about the relationship of the hexagons:

A logo consists of two regular hexagons, one inside the other. The side of the larger hexagon is twice as long as those of the smaller one. The smaller hexagon should be painted brown, and the rest of the larger hexagon yellow. If 150 g of brown paint was used to paint this logo on the company's building, how much yellow was needed to paint the rest?​

First, think about how areas of similar figures are related. This is a simple relationship for which you don't need a specific formula.

Then use this to find the amount of paint needed to cover the entire large hexagon (assuming both paints are spread at the same rate!).

Then, if I'm right about one being inside the other, make an adjustment to account for that.

If there is a picture for this problem, please show it to us. Here is how I am imagining it:

1655657397304.png

Last edited:
I had imagined that the two hexagons were concentric with parallel sides.
If that is the case then two line segments from the common center through two consecutive vertices of each hexagon create two similar equilateral triangles. [there are six of each size in all].SEE HERE

Here is what I think you mean, taking a guess about the relationship of the hexagons:

A logo consists of two regular hexagons, one inside the other. The side of the larger hexagon is twice as long as those of the smaller one. The smaller hexagon should be painted brown, and the rest of the larger hexagon yellow. If 150 g of brown paint was used to paint this logo on the company's building, how much yellow was needed to paint the rest?​

First, think about how areas of similar figures are related. This is a simple relationship for which you don't need a specific formula.

Then use this to find the amount of paint needed to cover the entire large hexagon (assuming both paints are spread at the same rate!).

Then, if I'm right about one being inside the other, make an adjustment to account for that.

If there is a picture for this problem, please show it to us. Here is how I am imagining it:

Thats correct image,but i have problem to write formula should i use proportion or this formula P = 6 ∙ ? 2√3 4

Attachments

• sestougao.png
    sestougao.png
    220.2 KB · Views: 7
Thats correct image,but i have problem to write formula should i use proportion or this formula P = 6 ∙ ? 2√3 4
I had asked you:

Do you know the expression for area of regular hexagon when the you know the length of one side? If not - Google it. Please tell us what it is.
Did you find the formula for the area of the regular hexagon as a function of the length of the side?

Do you know how areas of similar figures are related? As I said, if you use that, you don't need an area formula at all, just a proportion.

What you typed is not the formula for area of a hexagon; perhaps you meant 6 ∙ ?2 √3 / 4? (You have to be very careful copying and pasting formulas!)

I've only glanced at this question, but I'd assume that it isn't necessary to know the formula for the area of a hexagon given its side length(s), merely that any such formula will be based on the square of that length.

I've only glanced at this question, but I'd assume that it isn't necessary to know the formula for the area of a hexagon given its side length(s), merely that any such formula will be based on the square of that length.
Yes, that's the proportion I was referring to (and what the link I provided said).

It also wasn't necessary to know where the inner hexagon is located, only that it is entirely inside.

But such other details, including the actual formula, provide alternative approaches to the problem. When someone doesn't give us any information about what they know, or the context of the problem, it is appropriate to provide different methods that assume different levels of knowledge.