Please help me with this

Do you have a diagram that shows a layout (flowers versus border rock)? Were you given any prices for flowers or border rock?

Please follow the guidelines above and explain what you've done so far or where you're stuck. Thank you!

?

There’s no layout and there wasn’t any prices. I’m stuck on like everything please help

Is this an optimization problem, by any chance? The only way I see that it is possible to solve this problem is: Given the area is 85m^2, what are the dimensions such that it minimizes the perimeter?

Last edited:
Since nothing has been specified, other than total area and shape , let us assume
that

The length of the rectangle = L

The width of the harder = W

So we have

L * W = 85

Write an expression for the perimeter of the garden. Follow the hint provided in response #4.

Continue ......

Where did you come across this problem?
Is it a task you've been given to complete or did you just find it yourself and thought you'd like to solve it?
What is you age/ability level?
For example, are you familiar with Differential Calculus?

Is this an optimization problem, by any chance?
Part b) requires minimizing the cost of border rock.

I understand what a rest area is, but the statement "enclose a rectangular rest area with flowers" is ambiguous. There doesn't seem to be enough information to minimize the cost of the border rock. (I'm assuming the "border" rock comprises an outer-perimeter strip. What's being enclosed with flowers, I can't tell -- perhaps there's a rectangle within a rectangle within a rectangle.

dunno.gif

[imath]\;[/imath]