Please help

leeh

I have been trying to solve a puzzle for the last couple of days and having discovered most of the details I have hit an impasse and wonder if anyone can help with this sequence of numbers. The numbers could be in any order and I need to discover the value of X and as of the moment I am unsure as to whether Y exists or is a red herring.

BH = 4789
MG = 1263
HB = 6979
EF = 2673
BU = 8964
HD = 8374
SB = X
AP = Y

If anyone can see a pattern in there and find X I would be most grateful.

First, what does "DH" mean? Is it multiplication of a value represented by, "D" and a value represented by "H"? Is it Juxtaposition?
Second, The absence of "A" and "S" and "P" in the hint section is not encouraging.
Third, what have you tried? I just tried a Prime factorization, below. Getting anywhere? What else have you done?

BH = 4789
BU = 8964 = 83 * 2^2 * 3^3

HD = 8374 = 2* 53 * 79
HB = 6979 = 7 * 997

MG = 1263 = 3 * 421
EF = 2673 = 11 * 3^5

SB = X
AP = Y

Sorry, I meant to rewrite it and clicked send, I will show you it in the original format, BH/BU etc are names of the people in the sequence. X and possibly Y would be four digit numbers in a sequence....if a sequence can be found.

Ms. Barbara Horowitz = 4789-bhorowitz
Dr. Margery Grint = 1263-mgrint
Dr Hemingway Bitcoin = 6979-hbitcoin
Dr Eleanor Flount = 2673-eflount
Boris Umklauten = 8964-bumklauten
Harold Derringer = 8374-hderringer
Stephenie Bartlett = X -sbartlett
Professor Agatha Plates = Y- aplates

I am looking for Stephs code, These are not necessarily in the right order. Agatha is a possible variable. I have tried running prime numbers and various sequences but I can not see an obvious code.
It is only for a puzzle but so far not many people in a few thousand are even close!

I have been trying to solve a puzzle for the last couple of days and having discovered most of the details I have hit an impasse and wonder if anyone can help with this sequence of numbers. The numbers could be in any order and I need to discover the value of X and as of the moment I am unsure as to whether Y exists or is a red herring.

BH = 4789
MG = 1263
HB = 6979
EF = 2673
BU = 8964
HD = 8374
SB = X
AP = Y

If anyone can see a pattern in there and find X I would be most grateful.
If you didn't already, please quote the entire puzzle as given to you, word for word, along with anything about the context that could help in understanding what it means.

The fact that BH and HB are different eliminates several possible interpretations.

Ok so the names are lecturers at a pretend academy, we are trying to find the id number that comes before Steph, Agatha exists but doesn't seem to have a working account so we don't know if she is a variable or not. The ID codes are written in from of their initial and last name.
Ms. Barbara Horowitz would be written 4789-bhorowitz the number we need to access is Stephs.

Is this some puzzle that you are making up, or is it a puzzle that someone else made up?

In the second case, we need the complete and exact language of the puzzle. You may be missing a clue in your paraphrase.

That is literally all the details available, I'm going to have to say it is probably more a logic puzzle if no one is seeing a sequence. I will have to investigate the names more.