pls help, I dont know how to go about answering this question....

lue

A local zoo offers three different memberships: an individual membership for R99 per year, a dual membership for R175 per year, and a family membership for R250 per year. What is the total membership revenue for the year, AS WELL as the amount of the total revenue contributed by each membership type. I dont want someone to answer it for me ,just an idea on how to do it , pls....

A local zoo offers three different memberships: an individual membership for R99 per year, a dual membership for R175 per year, and a family membership for R250 per year. What is the total membership revenue for the year, AS WELL as the amount of the total revenue contributed by each membership type. I dont want someone to answer it for me ,just an idea on how to do it , pls....
i multiplied the membership fees .total revenue= 99x175x250= 4331250 .... Then I divided the total revenue by each membership amount to get the total revenue contributed by each membership type .. individual = 4331250/90= 43 750 , dual= 4331250/175=24750, family= 4331250/250=17325...

i multiplied the membership fees .total revenue= 99x175x250= 4331250 .... Then I divided the total revenue by each membership amount to get the total revenue contributed by each membership type .. individual = 4331250/90= 43 750 , dual= 4331250/175=24750, family= 4331250/250=17325...
Please explain each step in your solution.
I don't think we have enough information. We need to know how many memberships have been purchased.

Please explain each step in your solution.
I don't think we have enough information. We need to know how many memberships have been purchased.
this is why I was confused ,it didnt say how many memberships have been purchased. That was the information I was given.....what I did there was just a random idea I dont even know how to explain it. it was one of those "oh maybe I should do it like this"

Last edited:
this is why I was confused ,it didnt say how many memberships have been purchased. That was the information I was given.....what I did there was just a random idea I dont even know how to explain it. it was one of those "oh maybe I should do it like this"
Feel free to use random ideas on your way to the solution. But you have to justify the solution by very non-random math reasoning. If you can't do it, if you can't explain it - that's not even an attempt worth posting.

Suppose that [imath]\mathcal{I,~D,~\&~F}[/imath] are the numbers of yearly individual memberships, dual memberships & family memberships respectively.
The total revenue is [imath] \mathcal{R^{re}=99^{re}\cdot I+175^{re}\cdot D+250^{re}\cdot F}[/imath]

Feel free to use random ideas on your way to the solution. But you have to justify the solution by very non-random math reasoning. If you can't do it, if you can't explain it - that's not even an attempt worth posting.
okay , I didnt know. I apologize.

Suppose that [imath]\mathcal{I,~D,~\&~F}[/imath] are the numbers of yearly individual memberships, dual memberships & family memberships respectively.
The total revenue is [imath] \mathcal{R^{re}=99^{re}\cdot I+175^{re}\cdot D+250^{re}\cdot F}[/im [/QUOTE][/imath]

The total revenue is [imath] \mathcal{R^{re}=99^{re}\cdot I+175^{re}\cdot D+250^{re}\cdot F}[/imath]
i'm confused ,can you please explain

Think about pka wrote, it is fairly clear.
What part do you not understand? Do you understand how he defined his three variables?