Pls help me with this problem

r.guillen

Chunchy industries also has innovative applications for the company. You are asked to calculate the amount of blue color bath you can prepare for Product a and Product b. You have 363 liters of blue color and 603 liters of UV agent. The following table indicates how much of the blue color (in liters) and how much of the UV agent (in liters) you need to make a liter of color bath for Product A and Product B.

Product aProduct b
Blue Color (in liters)0.1580.495
UV agent (in liters)0.6380.352

Suppose you have to prepare the color baths for Product a and Product b at the same time. How many liters of color bath for Product A and Product B can you prepare using the available inventory of the color blue and the UV agent?

Amount of color bath for Product a: ?

Amount of color bath for Product b: ?

Already put in Wolfram Alpha: 0.158*a+0.495*b=363, 0.638*a+0.352*b=603 solve for a and b, but I dont know what to do next.

The results were for a=656.08 and for b=523.92

Chunchy industries also has innovative applications for the company. You are asked to calculate the amount of blue color bath you can prepare for Product a and Product b. You have 363 liters of blue color and 603 liters of UV agent. The following table indicates how much of the blue color (in liters) and how much of the UV agent (in liters) you need to make a liter of color bath for Product A and Product B.

Product aProduct b
Blue Color (in liters)0.1580.495
UV agent (in liters)0.6380.352

Suppose you have to prepare the color baths for Product a and Product b at the same time. How many liters of color bath for Product A and Product B can you prepare using the available inventory of the color blue and the UV agent?

Already put in Wolfram Alpha: 0.158*a+0.495*b=363, 0.638*a+0.352*b=603 solve for a and b, but I dont know what to do next.

The results were for a=656.08 and for b=523.92
Do you clearly understand "what is a and what is b" in your problem?

Please tell us what you do understand from WA response!

Hi,

I am new with that website, but what I undertstand that is the intercept from the two equations and those numbers can be replaced in the first two.

You can't use variables, like you did with a and b, unless you know what they mean! This is one of the worst mistakes you can make in mathematics.

How do you define your a and b????

What does a represent? What does b represent?

Maybe a represents the number of past US Presidents or maybe the number of baseball teams in the MLB. Please tell us what you think a and b represents. Please. Until you know what your represent you can't answer the questions for this problem.

Hi,

I am new with that website, but what I undertstand that is the intercept from the two equations and those numbers can be replaced in the first two.
It is the intersection, not intercept, of where the two curves cross.

What does a represent? What does b represent?

Maybe a represents the number of past US Presidents or maybe the number of baseball teams in the MLB. Please tell us what you think a and b represents. Please. Until you know what your represent you can't answer the questions for this problem.

A and b for the first equation represents the blue color, and for the second equation the uv additive

A and b for the first equation represents the blue color, and for the second equation the uv additive
No, this is not correct, sorry. a represents the amount of color bath for Product a and b represents the amount of color bath for Product b.

Now that you know what the variables means and you have the values for a and b isn't it easy now to answer...

Give it a try!