Possible amount of different peptides in given genetic code

inoyouloveme12

I have been trying to understand the formula for permutations but I don't know what to plug in.

Question.
1.) In the repeating tetranucleotide sequence 5’ (AAGC)n 3’ , the codons are 6 nucleotides long.(NOT the usual 3) How many different peptides would be produced and would they would be homopolymers or have a repeating dipeptide sequence.

My work:
*So I wrote out a portion of the repeating sequence--> 5' AAGC AAGC AAGC AAGC AAGC...3' and if nucleotides were 6 codons long they would be AAGCAA GCAAGC AAGCAA GCAAGC..., a repeating dipeptide sequence (2 alternating amino acids) . But how do we calculate the number of peptides?

It is 4^6=4096 possible peptides for 6 nucleotide codon? (4 being the number of bases and 6 being the nucleotide length.)
Do I have to take in account that its a dipeptide when calculating?

Please help me to understand.

I may well be missing some knowledge of codons and peptides, but it seems to me that you've shown that there are exactly two different peptides formed, represented by codons AAGCAA and GCAAGC. How would others be formed?

The usually formula would be 4 (to represent the 4 different bases of the genetic code A, C, G, T) raised to how many nucleotides are in the code, in my case, six. By doing so, we would be able to find the different combinations of different bases in each spot. In my case, however, it says the sequence is repeating I'm confused if the formula would even make sense here because we would not need the 4, representing the different possible bases because we know our sequence is repeating. A lot of other websites I have used for help keep using that formula for this problem and it just doesn't make sense to me.

The usually formula would be 4 (to represent the 4 different bases of the genetic code A, C, G, T) raised to how many nucleotides are in the code, in my case, six. By doing so, we would be able to find the different combinations of different bases in each spot. In my case, however, it says the sequence is repeating I'm confused if the formula would even make sense here because we would not need the 4, representing the different possible bases because we know our sequence is repeating. A lot of other websites I have used for help keep using that formula for this problem and it just doesn't make sense to me.

We're reading the problem differently, and I don't know how to decide whether either of us is right!

As I read it,

1.) In the repeating tetranucleotide sequence 5’ (AAGC)n 3’ , the codons are 6 nucleotides long.(NOT the usual 3) How many different peptides would be produced and would they would be homopolymers or have a repeating dipeptide sequence.​

we are given a specific sequence and asked how many peptides that sequence produces. You seem to be taking it to ask how many can be produced by similar sequences under some unstated conditions. My interpretation seems too simple, but I see nothing there telling how to vary the sequence. Also, you are comparing this to a different situation where you have a formula; any formula applies only in certain situations.

I imagine I'd need to be taking the course with you in order to be sure I understand what they mean.

Can you show me some place where this exact problem is being answered, and what they say about it? And do you have a teacher you can ask?