posting equations

nanase

Hi guys

just wondering if there is an easier way of posting equations or difficult notations?
I have mathtype software, but I can't copy paste it here, making it difficult if i want to ask or share mathematical notations
any help or thought on this?

There's information in the Read Before Posting notice about various ways to post math in the forum. If your expressions are more than a few lines, then lev888's screenshot suggestion may be easiest.

\(\;\)

do you need to understand html coding? I learn html a bit but still finding it difficult for complex notation.
thx mmm444bot for suggestion

No, there are tutorials online for learning how to use LaTeX. MathJax's external script converts the markup into HTML for you.

No, there are tutorials online for learning how to use LaTeX. MathJax's external script converts the markup into HTML for you.
thx, where can i find/use this mathjax external script? do I have to download it?

thx, where can i find/use this mathjax external script? do I have to download it?

It is loaded for you, you only have to create the markup, and enclose the markup with appropriate tags, what are generated for you by clicking the calculator button, or you can manually add tags for added control. For example, if you enter this into your post:

[MATH]\int_a^b f(x)\,dx=F(b)-F(a)[/MATH]

The result is:

It is loaded for you, you only have to create the markup, and enclose the markup with appropriate tags, what are generated for you by clicking the calculator button, or you can manually add tags for added control. For example, if you enter this into your post:

The result is:

thank you for the answer sir, but i know very little of the mathematical tags being used, since I still have to type them manually right? is there a document or link where i can learn this tagging style first?

thank you for the answer sir, but i know very little of the mathematical tags being used, since I still have to type them manually right? is there a document or link where i can learn this tagging style first?

Look at the editor toolbar, and you will see a button with a calculator icon. Click that, and it will generate the tags for you, and the cursor will be conveniently located within the tags, allowing you to begin entering your markup code.

thanks sir, I gave it some try. Is it possible to input sigma or integral symbol or 3x3 matrix or vector notation also using latex? getting more curious

… Is it possible to input sigma or integral symbol or 3x3 matrix or vector notation also using latex? …
You may bookmark this reference page for LaTeX symbols. After navigating to that page, use your browser's search function to find specific codes (eg: sigma). There are some external links mentioned at the bottom of the page, too.

For general information, try googling keywords like latex math tutorial.

For specific coding, try googling latex vectors or latex matrix, to see examples.

You may find these posts helpful: here and here. Cheers

\(\;\)

You may bookmark this reference page for LaTeX symbols. After navigating to that page, use your browser's search function to find specific codes (eg: sigma). There are some external links mentioned at the bottom of the page, too.

For general information, try googling keywords like latex math tutorial.

For specific coding, try googling latex vectors or latex matrix, to see examples.

You may find these posts helpful: here and here. Cheers

\(\;\)

awesome thankyou! I'll look into it