Power displays not identitical on calculator

Yuseph

20200813_210624_compress8.jpg
Yo,

Look no matter what calculator i use i cant get it to display 106. I get a 105 in sci mode. Dyou guys have a solution. My calculator is a casio graph 35+. I also use the app hiper calc. Its weird that it didnt automatically give a result on the same power as the 1st pascal value multiplied.

View attachment 20999
Yo,

Look no matter what calculator i use i cant get it to display 106. I get a 105 in sci mode. Dyou guys have a solution. My calculator is a casio graph 35+. I also use the app hiper calc. Its weird that it didnt automatically give a result on the same power as the 1st pascal value multiplied.
Put the calculator in ENG mode

- to see results displayed with 103 or 106 or 109 ...... etc.​

Thanks,

Casio 35 graph + has no eng mode only eng si
On hiper calc theres a eng mode but the closest i get is power 3. Sci mode gives power 5.

Who cares what the calculator says? It is just a mindless tool. Do you see that

[MATH]1.5 * 10^6 * 0.08 = 8 * 10^{-2} * 15 * 10^5 = 120 * 10^{3} = 1.2 * 10^2 * 10^3 = 1.2 * 10^5.[/MATH]
[MATH]1.2 * 10^5 = 0.12 * 10^6.[/MATH]
Whichever format you prefer, you can get it from whatever the calculator gives you.

Who cares what the calculator says? It is just a mindless tool. Do you see that

[MATH]1.5 * 10^6 * 0.08 = 8 * 10^{-2} * 15 * 10^5 = 120 * 10^{3} = 1.2 * 10^2 * 10^3 = 1.2 * 10^5.[/MATH]
[MATH]1.2 * 10^5 = 0.12 * 10^6.[/MATH]
Whichever format you prefer, you can get it from whatever the calculator gives you.
Yea bro i know. But id have appreciated if i hadnt to make a conversion each time. I was hoping a calculator could do it.

Yea bro i know. But id have appreciated if i hadnt to make a conversion each time. I was hoping a calculator could do it.
Yes ... a calculator can do it. My cheap ($10) - Casio fx-300 ES PLUS can do it - stop complaining and do it....

Casio 35 graph + has no eng mode only eng si
On hiper calc theres a eng mode but the closest i get is power 3. Sci mode gives power 5.
I'm confused. First you said no calculator [that you have] could do this, then you specified that yours can't, though you appear to know some can, and then you go back to implying that no calculator can.

I tried looking for a manual for your calculator to see what's going on, but it seems to exist only in French and Dutch. I can't imagine why an "eng SI" mode wouldn't do what you want.

In any case, I'm not quite sure what the issue actually is. I think you're saying that when the answer is 0.12*10^6, you can't get your calculator to display it that way. A big question is, why do you want to, or expect it to? Scientific notation usually uses a mantissa greater than 1, so I think it would be standard to show it as 1.2*10^5, or, for engineering usage, 120*10^3, just as you say your calculator does. So I don't think your "eng SI" mode is any different from the usual Eng mode. You may actually be right that no calculator will do what you want.

Maybe you need to explain what you meant by "it didnt automatically give a result on the same power as the 1st pascal value multiplied." What exactly is your expectation? Why do you want it?

Dude i dont know its just an obsessive disorder i guess i want all powers to be aligned. So did the author btw just look at the picture. I know the fraction in question 2 would have given the same result but still.
As for my calculator it display a boring 120k thats the eng si mode. The eng mode on hiper calc display 120 x 10 power 3
The best display is in sci mode
It gives 1.2 × 10power5
I guess i should have gone for the casio fx 991.
20200814_181053.jpg