probability of an event happening at least once?

jolee934

I'm looking the find the probability of an event happening at least once after n events.
HOWEVER, each event has a different probability. For example, there are 6 events. Event 1 has a 0.2% chance, event 2 has a 0.4% chance, event 3 has a 0.12 chance, etc. (All different)

How can i calculate the probability that an event will happen at least once after 6 events? Thanks!

I'm looking the find the probability of an event happening at least once after n events.
HOWEVER, each event has a different probability. For example, there are 6 events. Event 1 has a 0.2% chance, event 2 has a 0.4% chance, event 3 has a 0.12 chance, etc. (All different)

How can i calculate the probability that an event will happen at least once after 6 events? Thanks!
I'm not quite sure what this means. "An event" is one event, not several different events. And "after" would seem to mean that "an event" is not one of them, as well as that all of them must actually occur. Words make a big difference in probability problems!

Do you mean, what is the probability that at least one of 6 distinct events, each with a different probability, will occur? Perhaps you have in mind 6 experiments, each of which may succeed with a certain probability, and you want to know the probability that, at the end, you will look back and find that at least one succeeded?

An example of what you mean may help.

But likely it will be useful to consider the probability that none of the events occur.