Probability of hitting 4 out of 6 spins on European Roulette wheel.

Steven engel

New member
Joined
Mar 3, 2019
Messages
3
Yesterday I was playing roulette. I was placing $10 bets on 5 numbers per spin. I hit 4 out of 6 spins. This was on a European wheel (0 and 00) and numbers 1-36 for a total of 38 places the ball could land. Could someone tell me the odds of this happening and explain how you configure the answer? Trying to brush up on my advanced math haven’t done serious math in over 15 years.
 

Jomo

Elite Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
3,009
The chance that you win on a single bet is 1/38, so if you bet 5 numbers per spin you would have a 5/38 chance of winning-so a 33/35 chance of losing.
Can you continue from here? Think binomial theorem. If you still are stuck then please let us know.
 

Steven engel

New member
Joined
Mar 3, 2019
Messages
3
Completely stuck. I’m looking for a detailed answer on what the probability of winning on 4 out of 6 in the future would be.
 

Steven engel

New member
Joined
Mar 3, 2019
Messages
3
I realize I’m covering roughly 13% of the board per spin. So an 87% chance of losing each spin. So what would be the odds of winning a 13% percent bet 4 out of 6 times.
 
Last edited:

Jomo

Elite Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
3,009
6C4(5/38)^4(33/35)^2
 
Top