Probability of letters in password

Abe

Hi, I have a tough problem here I am hoping someone can help me solve. I have a random 4 letter password and want to know the probability of having the letters AB, in that order be the first two letters. Not case sensitive.
Thanks

Hi, I have a tough problem here I am hoping someone can help me solve. I have a random 4 letter password and want to know the probability of having the letters AB, in that order be the first two letters. Not case sensitive. Thanks
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.​

Hi, I have a tough problem here I am hoping someone can help me solve. I have a random 4 letter password and want to know the probability of having the letters AB, in that order be the first two letters. Not case sensitive.
Can letters be repeated? Do the A and the B need to be adjacent?

Can letters be repeated? Do the A and the B need to be adjacent?
The first two spots must be the letter 'A' followed by 'B' . The letters are next to each other in placement. The last two letters can be random 26 letters

The first two spots must be the letter 'A' followed by 'B' . The letters are next to each other in placement. The last two letters can be random 26 letters
Why not Ab or aB or ab?

Why not Ab or aB or ab?
Abe said in the PO Not case sensitive.

Well that really did not answer my question about repeated letters.
the answer is \(26^2\) if letters can be repeated.
If not then the answer is \(24\cdot 23\).

Abe said in the PO Not case sensitive.

Well that really did not answer my question about repeated letters.
the answer is \(26^2\) if letters can be repeated.
If not then the answer is \(24\cdot 23\).
Abe asked for the probability, not the number.
If letters can be repeated, there are 26^4 ways of writing 4 letters. 26^2 of them will start with AB. So the probability is ???
If letters can't be repeated there are 26x25x24x23 ways of writing 4 letters. 24x23 of them will start with AB. So the prob is ???

Abe asked for the probability, not the number.
If letters can be repeated, there are 26^4 ways of writing 4 letters. 26^2 of them will start with AB. So the probability is ???
If letters can't be repeated there are 26x25x24x23 ways of writing 4 letters. 24x23 of them will start with AB. So the prob is ???
Are we now giving out answers?