Probability

jennyross

Someone please help me with this.

If you take 5 candies from the following jar without replacement. What is the probability that one of them is lemon flavoured (yellow) and the other is mint flavoured (green)?

Someone please help me with this.

If you take 5 candies from the following jar without replacement. What is the probability that one of them is lemon flavoured (yellow) and the other is mint flavoured (green)?
What does "following jar" mean? Following what? Please be specific.

If possible, post the exact problem that was assigned to you.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

This is not only missing data, it's inconsistent. What kind of candies are in the jar? Are you taking 5, or 2?

This is why we ask you to show an image of the entire problem, if possible:

2. Post the exercise or your question completely and accurately. Start a new thread for each exercise.​
The easiest way is to copy exercises word-for-word (including the instructions). PLEASE use the Preview button to check your post before submitting it. Students waste their time when they submit posts containing typographical math errors, unreadable images or lost formatting.​

I'm beginning to think that those minding reading classes that I took to get this high paying job here as a helper is not working too well.

Reactions: pka