Probable analytical question on Rally

BettySummers

Greetings

The place I work made today a tech rally which I flunked on a specific question. I wanted to know if anyone could at least point me in what was I supposed to do on that one question (I can't ask in /sci/ because they redirect you here).

It was a DB dataset representing a history log of movements a robot made with 1000+ rows. One column had the movements (walk, turn, grab, etc..) and the other column had the percentage of the robot being able to complete the movement correctly (90% chance of doing the turn correctly, 75% chance of grabbing an item, etc...).

The question of the task was something like "Take the highest percentage of each of the movements in the set and explain how often in agreement are each of them with the actual movement" or some weird stuff like that

Does anybody know what the request was about? I'm writing it from memory but I was sure it was something like that. I tried to Google "how often in agreement" and other variants and came up with nothing.

We work with software development and because it was a DB I imagine it's something related to data, analytics or something like that. Does it ring any bells to anybody?

thanks in advance

So, the history log contains actual movements. Let's say the first one is a grab. What is the meaning of the corresponding percentage? Is it 0-100% rating of this move? Or the result of the move is grabbed or didn't grab? I doubt the percentage is "the chance of doing it correctly" - it would apply to all grab movements, not to one in particular.

So, the history log contains actual movements. Let's say the first one is a grab. What is the meaning of the corresponding percentage? Is it 0-100% rating of this move? Or the result of the move is grabbed or didn't grab? I doubt the percentage is "the chance of doing it correctly" - it would apply to all grab movements, not to one in particular.

The percentage means with what level of precision it made the action, from 0-100%. You could have values from 0-100% on that column.

I'm not sure if this was transformed from another puzzle to fit a technical profile, but those were the values: One column with many actions, another with different precision percentages, and the "how often in agreement" of the exercise

My best guess is you need to find highest precision action for each action type (e.g. turn - 80%, grab - 90%), then for each action type get the ratio of highest % actions over total number of actions. E.g. (50 80% turns)/(2500 turns).

My best guess is you need to find highest precision action for each action type (e.g. turn - 80%, grab - 90%), then for each action type get the ratio of highest % actions over total number of actions. E.g. (50 80% turns)/(2500 turns).

That doesn't sound bad.

I'm not holding my breath on they giving me the answer mostly because my office didn't have anybody that passed that puzzle (only a couple even reached it) and they're kinda jerks.

I would like to see if this thread gets some other answers or confirmation. For now, thank you very much for your answers lev888 ♥