Problem

soroban

Elite Member

A cylindrical tank has a radius of 1 foot and a height of 10 feet and is completely empty.

Air is pumped in at the rate of \(\displaystyle 8\pi\) cubic feet per minute.

Air is leaking out at the rate of \(\displaystyle 3\pi\) cubic feet per minute.

When will the tank be half full?

Drag your cursor between the asterisks.

** How do you fill a tank half full of air? **

I just encountered another odd problem. It was stated innocently enough, but I thought of a solution the author had not anticipated....

If one person has a secret, and tells two others in one minute, then those three each tell two others who didn't know previously in the next minute, and then continue this process of everyone who knows telling two others who didn't know previuosly every minute, how long does it take for the secret to reach 100,000 people?

Cursor Drag Between Stars

** Seriously? 100,000 people know and you still think it's a secret? **

A cylindrical tank has a radius of 1 foot and a height of 10 feet and is completely empty.

Air is pumped in at the rate of \(\displaystyle 8\pi\) cubic feet per minute.

Air is leaking out at the rate of \(\displaystyle 3\pi\) cubic feet per minute.

When will the tank be half full?

Drag your cursor between the asterisks.

** How do you fill a tank half full of air? **
If it had been evacuated

i just encountered another odd problem. It was stated innocently enough, but i thought of a solution the author had not anticipated....

If one person has a secret, and tells two others in one minute, then those three each tell two others who didn't know previously in the next minute, and then continue this process of everyone who knows telling two others who didn't know previuosly every minute, how long does it take for the secret to reach 100,000 people?

Cursor drag between stars

** seriously? 100,000 people know and you still think it's a secret? **
lol