Question

Hiva

Hey I’m studying standard maths, however for this one research assessment, our teacher has given a way off syllabus task. This appears to be way past my level of understanding, as I can’t make sense of it.

1. I know this seem like a dumb question, but for question 1 do I just write 1,2,34,5 for n? And then 1,3,6,10,15 for Tn

2. I have no idea how I’m going to use recurrsion for question 2 and how to do the explicit formula either

3. And I need Tn to do question 3 and I’m suppose to provide a reason? What is the reason?

C0E89393-3849-4466-A51E-170E5FEFFFDF.jpeg

Hey I’m studying standard maths, however for this one research assessment, our teacher has given a way off syllabus task. This appears to be way past my level of understanding, as I can’t make sense of it.

1. I know this seem like a dumb question, but for question 1 do I just write 1,2,34,5 for n? And then 1,3,6,10,15 for Tn

2. I have no idea how I’m going to use recurrsion for question 2 and how to do the explicit formula either

3. And I need Tn to do question 3 and I’m suppose to provide a reason? What is the reason?

View attachment 27301
How do we make e.g. the 10 dot triangle out of the 6 dot triangle? Look at the dots only, the lines are unnecessary.

View attachment 27301
As for 1), you’re right.
As for 2) a) listen to lev888, just look at the picture, the triagnles are nicely lined up for a reason ?
a) requires you to find a “link”, a relation between Tn and Tn+1. When you find that link, you can work on that recursive equation and try to figure out the explicit formula for Tn (one that doesnt rely on Tn+k). This could be a little complicated for someone that doesn’t work with discrete math (recursive equations), but an another way of figuring this out is straight from the picture, try to focus on the horizontal levels of the triangles.
As for 3), the choice between using a recursive or explicit formula will be pretty clear once you actually get to the formulas. Hope I helped