Questions about tangents and normals

QueekJJ

1616241879368.png

I had tried many different ways to understand this question, but i cant seem to find what the question really wants from me. I understand the curve equation, its just that the 2 normal points (P and Q) doesnt make sense to me. Could someone maybe explain what am I to do? Thanks :D

A normal at a point is perpendicular to the tangent line at that same point. What is the relationship between the slopes of perpendicular lines?

A normal at a point is perpendicular to the tangent line at that same point. What is the relationship between the slopes of perpendicular lines?
1616302784075.png
I did a quick sketch on paint lmaooo. Do you mean something like this? If so how would i solve it?

View attachment 25874

I had tried many different ways to understand this question, but i cant seem to find what the question really wants from me. I understand the curve equation, its just that the 2 normal points (P and Q) doesnt make sense to me. Could someone maybe explain what am I to do? Thanks :D
You can find the slope of the curve at each point, right? (Hint: use the derivative)

Then, you were asked if you know how the slopes of perpendicular lines are related. (Hint: negative reciprocal)

Then you can find the slopes of the normal lines, and find their equations, and find their intersection.

Which parts of that are you struggling with?