Quick Inverse Binomial Question

Hi quick question. I have a binomial question finding the critical region at a 5% sig level.

B(30,p)

H0: P=0.4 H1: P>0.4

So i put it in my calculator using the inverse function and I get this result.

20190202_123207.jpg
The Answer is greater than and eaqual to 7. Just wondering what this means and why i should choose 7 over 8.

Thank you

You give a binomial distribution and a significance level but you do not give the sample data that would indicate whether or not the data fits within that significance level! It makes no sense to talk about a "significance level" without the data.

You give a binomial distribution and a significance level but you do not give the sample data that would indicate whether or not the data fits within that significance level! It makes no sense to talk about a "significance level" without the data.

whoops this is the information im given
Screenshot_1.jpg

Hi quick question. I have a binomial question finding the critical region at a 5% sig level.

B(30,p)

H0: P=0.4 H1: P>0.4

So i put it in my calculator using the inverse function and I get this result.

View attachment 10986
The Answer is greater than and equal to 7. Just wondering what this means and why i should choose 7 over 8.

whoops this is the information im given
View attachment 10987

Please be specific about what you actually entered in the calculator leading to that message, and why. If the calculator manual explains what this message means, please tell us that, too. It's quite possible no one here has used that particular kind of calculator.