Ratio and proportion

Faye

I have no idea what the other two answers are? If someone could explain. Thank you.

655B79FC-54CF-4868-AF0F-190516EBD277.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what I would do here is observe that:

[MATH]\frac{a}{b}=\frac{c}{d}\implies ad=bc[/MATH]
And now check to see which of the given equations also imply this same thing. I only see one choice besides a) that works.

I think what I would do here is observe that:

[MATH]\frac{a}{b}=\frac{c}{d}\implies ad=bc[/MATH]
And now check to see which of the given equations also imply this same thing. I only see one choice besides a) that works.
Yes, I know ad=bc, but how would you flip that to a different fraction/proportion.

Yes, I know ad=bc, but how would you flip that to a different fraction/proportion.

I wouldn't try to manipulate \(ad=bc\), but simply see which of the given equations also imply this same thing.

I wouldn't try to manipulate \(ad=bc\), but simply see which of the given equations also imply this same thing.
Is there a way to do this without substituting to see what the answer is. For example, I did a proportion that I know was correct:1/2 = 2/4. And I would say the answer is c.

Is there a way to do this without substituting to see what the answer is. For example, I did a proportion that I know was correct:1/2 = 2/4. And I would say the answer is c.
I came up with the answer as the first and third one. I hope I did that correctly.